Kudos: 2

Webhook issues with Stripe

It seems that all Stripe Webhook requests have this error:

Request body (uuid edited)

{"uuid":"YYYYYYYY-PPPP-DDDD-QQQQ-XXXXXXXXXXXX","changeType":"edit","entity":"client","entityId":723,"eventName":"client.edit"}

Response body

"Symfony\Component\Debug\Exception\ContextErrorException": "Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id"

URL -----------edited--------- https://ucrm-demo.ubnt.com/online-payment/stripe-webhook/1

Verify SSL certificate ------ Yes

Response code ------------- 400

Response phrase ---------- Bad Request

We are connecting to Stripe and transactions are going through, but I'm not sure if there are issues that I'm not aware of.  Can this error be ignored?  What is causing this error?  

webhook-issue.JPG

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 294

Re: Webhook issues with Stripe

[ Edited ]

Hi, the UCRM Webhooks are intended to be used for your own custom usage, e.g. a custom plugin or script. If you send the webhook to an external service which doesn't expect it, it will fail.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

Kudos: 2

We are using the UCRM, built-in Stripe payment integrated service. We followed the setup provided by Ubiquiti in the UCRM application.

The Ubiquiti instructions direct the setup to use webhooks for this integrated service. 

NOTE: I have changed the actual URL domain name in the original post because I do not want to publish the URL to the world. Sorry for the confusion  Our URL is working and has a valid SSL cert installed. We are hosting on a cloud VM. 

It appears to be working, however we are getting the errors listed in my original post. Sounds like there is a Db field that is not correct.

I'm not sure if the transactions are being completely posted. Does this error mean that we are missing data? Is this error only informational, or is there a real problem with posting, and we are missing needed information?  I did search for solutions, but have not seen any. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1345
Solutions: 294

That's a misunderstanding. Stripe has nothing to do with UCRM webhooks feature located at System > Webhooks.

Please take a look at the Stripe config guide at yourdomain/help/setting-up-stripe
Probably this step confused you:
> In the left side menu, go to "Webhooks" sections.
It's meant to visit the stripe account and find the Stripe's webhooks section (not webhook config in UCRM). All you need to do in UCRM is to provide Stripe Publishable and Secret keys in organization settings.

Sorry for this misunderstanding, we will improve the docs.