Kudos: 23
Solutions: 4

Xero integration

Has anyone considered trying to use the API to integrate UCRM with XERO cloud accounting software.

www.xero.com

Kudos: 9

Re: Xero integration

Xero is bloody good for this stuff. Their API is very extensive.
I don't think there would be much trouble integrating the two API <-> API.

Cheers
Dan
Emerging Member
Kudos: 16

I have a colleague working on it at the moment.

If Ubiquiti doesn't do it, and we have a good working product we'll probably list it in the Xero Add Ons Section

Kudos: 23
Solutions: 4

Awesome stuff

Crossing my fingers with anticipation

Emerging Member

currently just working through how much data to replicate to keep things centralised in UCRM, avoid too much duplication and working around potential conflicts such as ucrm's built in payment systems vs Xero bank feeds (direct deposit payments).  So you know...what handles which bits etc etc...

Established Member
Kudos: 291
Solutions: 45

Nice idea, always looking for something new. 

Just scrub the contents of the site and found some intresting quotes: 

Your data is there when you need it

We replicate your data between data centres in different locations(nobody know whee "undisclosed location") so that Xero is up and running most of the time.

Untitled.png

If you can sell that "most" to Canadian Revenue Agency, think about yourself as the best.

Industry standard as Yahoo'''oooo standard few year's later.

Regards,

Do not expect me to reply to this post, I'm not sure that I will be able to find it, thank's to ....

Kudos: 1

Xero integration would be really helpful for myself also. Defiently a good one to create - would it then work with Gocardless also?

@systemstateitHow are you guys getting on with this?

Emerging Member

It's progressing steadily - we found a few issues with the API's that ubiquiti were very quick to rectify which has been excellent to have that level of co-operation.

The guy developing this stuff has been tripping around overseas for the last fortnight, and will be there for another few weeks.

Hopefully I'll get a bit of an idea as to where we're up to after that.

That is great that they are hepfuling out quickly!

I a very excited to have this integration as it is definetly well needed! If you need me to test it at any point let me know?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1257
Solutions: 272

Hi all,

we are much into implementing various integrations and also keep UCRM open to you and your own extensions.

Feel free to create a new feature request regarding this issue here: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/idb-p/UCRM-Ideas The best and most upvoted request will be implemented. However, be noted that we have a lot of work and requests in our list, so it will take some time until we process everything, especially when the request is not the priority of most users.  

Anyway, we will be happy to help as much as we can, for example with improving the UCRM API. Let us know...

Hey @systemstateit

I am just going to be setting up my UCRM and accounting software in the next few weeks/month. I was wondering how you guys were getting on with the Xero/UCRM integration? 

If you need me to test im more than happy to do so!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 2
Solutions: 3

Where does this stand as I have interest..
Emerging Member

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delayed response.  Not too far off an initial release I believe.

My partner developing this has had to have a few meetings with Xero to work on enabling some functionality.  I haven't even got the chance to do any alpha testing yet...but I'll talk with him about possibly opening it up for beta testing to a few of you guys who are interested.

Cheers

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1257
Solutions: 272

Hi,
@systemstateit it sounds good. We will be happy to help if you need, especially regarding the UCRM API, which we can always extend.

In the end, it would be great to come up with some documentation / scheme about that UCRM-Xero synchronization. What's probably most important is the description of entities and the way of sync, such as:
- clients - one way sync from UCRM to Xero
- invoice - one way sync from UCRM to Xero
- payments - both way sync or configurable sync? In this case, someone may want to handle the payments only in Xero, the others only in UCRM (through PayPal, etc.) and probably someone using both?

Note that we will implement more payment gateways directly into UCRM over time, that's something we cannot outsource and let anyone develop. But we are enthusiastic about the community being involved in extensions, imports or exports requested worldwide which we would be hardly able to implement and maintain ourselves.

Thanks
Kudos: 82
Solutions: 3

Just checking in how is the xero widget coming along can i help?
Emerging Member

Coming along nicely - we have official developer status with Xero which requires us to have beta testers use the program before they publish it in their store. I'd say early next week we will be asking for volunteers.

How are we getting on with this? Im going to be setting up my UCRM and things over the next couple of weeks.

Hi All,

So I have a bit of a UCRM-Xero sync tool up and running ready for some beta testers...

If you are interested in testing this out for me, please shoot us an email beta@opensaas.com.au

Thanks,

Josh 

Kudos: 26

I'd be interested in looking at your UCRM -  Xero beta version once available. 

Hey,

not to bring up and dead thread but has there been any process on the Xero sync app?

Cheers,

-Tyler