Kudos: 98
Solutions: 5

a little confusing

Well i installed UCRM today and looking through it and reading the manuals i'm quiet confused on how to setup the suspend feature 

do i understand it right that i can let UCRM make changes in the edgerouter to send http requests from the customers router ip to walled garden

How is it done using the client antennas ?

maybe a howto for dumbasses like me on the whole situation in plain english would be great

thnx 

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 242
Solutions: 159

Re: a little confusing

[ Edited ]

Hello @zombu2, there is pretty nice guide for the suspend feature on https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/218890848-UCRM-Billing-Network-and-Suspend-Feature Check it out and if you have any questions after reading that, feel free to ask.

Also to answer your question, yes UCRM makes changes in the edgerouter. It creates list of IP addresses to be blocked. You must then set up rules for this list to redirect to walled garden.

The blocking is done on the edgerouter, not client antennas, the IP in list should be that of clients antenna.

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-Ondra

You know honestly i would not call that a good guide i have been trying for hours now to connect the ER8 Pro to this dam# thing and i'm ready to shoot it

EDIT: a little bit later now and both the manual and the crm is crap so far error 500 on ceating a customer no explanation on how to connect the ER8Pro to the crm ...oh did i mention there is error 500 everywhere 

No explanation (that i found ) on how to connect the the m5 to a customer to have the auto suspend active etc etc 

If a ubiquiti employee wants to teamviewer in and show me on a sample config aka router and 1 client what to do would make the whole thing a lot more easyer

If this sounded a bit harsh my apologies i just lost 40% of my hail pulling it out while trying to configure this ....also i'm just a tad aggrovated by this

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1469
Solutions: 315

@zombu2 

We have this knowledge base section related to UCRM. 

Talking about the network/suspend faetures and setting your network devices these guides might be helpful:

This feature should work, we don't know about any opened issue regarding UCRM connecting to devices.

However if you find any problems let us know. You can go through these steps to debug it:

1. If the connection from UCRM to ER8 fails you should see a log on device page.
  2. If UCRM succeeds to connect and there is suspended client service, you should be able to see a BLOCKED_USERS list of IPs

Note that this is just the beginning of our develpment, some features will be enahanced to avoid excessive manual settings etc. We are working on documentation and even a more friendly user guide implemented inside the UCRM.

Kudos: 144
Solutions: 4

I had the same issue with the ER-8.  Make sure you are using the latest firmware.  I was 1.7 and it was not working.  All went fine when I updated the router's firmware.

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-Petr

Well that whole thing solved itself until i can replace all the equipment. we had a direct lightning strike on our tower last night which turned the sectors airfiber switches cables router and even the electrical box with our main switch to ash 

Pretty much every switch in the office and server room is fried including the cables 

Tomorrow a couple electricians have to come out to the island and replace the fuse box and power lines 

Everything is a total loss ...i already ordered everything from scratch so the island is gonna be without phone internet and tv for  a couple days 

I'm glad we had all that stuff insured

When i got to the island about 30 minutes after the strike the electrical box was still smoking haha i opened the box up and saw melted plastic from the toughswitch battery backup etc etc (the mesh cover and bottom of the switch are very sturdy)

The tI's where just black and the rocket m5 was a hunk of melted plastic  and the AF5x was actually popped open from the blast 

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1160
Solutions: 232

@zombu2 Sorry to hear that! I hope you are able to recover things quickly. Glad that stuff was insured!