Kudos: 70
Solutions: 2

how to configure Admin side ticket email

Hello, I have just created my "support email" ( support@im...), and i can receive tickets when customers send emails to it.

My problems is that right now the notifications emails " dear customers ticket 123 has been created" is coming from (ivan@ im).... and i want it to send from  Support@ im..., so they can reply, and it goes to the ticket. 

I have changed the sender and support address in Settings, am I missing something? 

Thanks 

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1883
Solutions: 140

Re: how to configure Admin side ticket email

Are these two separate accounts, or is one actually an alias for the other?

2 emails using Gsuite ,  but Ivan@ is the only one on UCRM,

my problem is when customers send a ticket in (  to Support@), I get a ticket, but any reply within UCRM is sent back to the customer with the Ivan@ email (not the Support@). so if they reply to that email, it sents to my personal (ivan@)     and not the system (support@). If that makes sence. 

Veteran Member
Kudos: 1883
Solutions: 140

Thanks -- I was asking because (unlike most mailservers) Gsuite overwrites aliases.

[ Edited ]

so my solution was to simply change the Account setting to that support email. but idk if that was the correct change to make. 

another thing i found this morning was that on my website, i redirected my "contact me" forum on my website to send to my UCRM Support email so it makes a ticket and my techs can see it and reach out.

the ticket cam in with a subject line and title,  but a "N/A" on the message field of the ticket. ( snapshot included) 

looking at my support Gmail, the email went through just fine, but  did not copy over to UCRM correctly. 

Ok so I still need some help, my solution did not work as i wanted. My emails now go to the ticketing system, but any invoice or quotes are sent from the same email. ( Support@

I want a way to set up the ticketing to that they pull from the Support@ email and invoices, quotes and reminders to come from another email. 

Is this possible? 

Thanks 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1375
Solutions: 299

Hi @mcdivan96 this would probably need some improvement, we will investigate this.

thank you! ping me if you have any questions or need more info.
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

@mcdivan96
Regarding this issue:
My problems is that right now the notifications emails " dear customers ticket 123 has been created" is coming from (ivan@ im).... and i want it to send from Support@ im..., so they can reply, and it goes to the ticket.

This is already enabled. Although the email notification is sent from the "organization email", it contains the "reply-to:support email" header, so when the client clicks to reply, it is sent to the support email and a new ticket comment is created automatically in UCRM.

Can you please verify that? 

Yes, the first ticket message via the admin ticket side did send to my customer, and when the Customer replied, it did go with the Support@ email as the reply and back into the ticket system.  after that, every other reply back, when hitting the reply, ( on the customer end) sent to the ivan@ email, not the support.

UBNT, any help?

Ubiquiti Employee

Hi,
all the ticketing emails sent to the clients contain this header:
Reply-to: <ticketing email>

So when clients reply by hitting "reply button", the reply goes to the <ticketing email> which also creates a new comment in the UCRM's ticketing thread.

So all you need is to:
* configure the <ticketing email> - go to /system/settings/ticketing (see image bellow)

* make sure you never reply to your clients from your own emailing tool (always use UCRM ticketing interfaces and add a comment there), only in this way, UCRM will add the Reply-to header to the email notification.

Selection_006.png

Yes, that is set Correctly, i am still experiencing problems. the first reply goes the correct email, but every other one goes to the Sender email.  

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 3

Thank you for the information, we will have a look and get back to you.

Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

Hello @mcdivan96

I briefly tested IMAP / ticketing functionality and can not find any problems so far.

From the previous posts, where you described your problems, I suggest you check the settings under

/system/settings/mailer

specifically Addresses section. Keep in mind that 'Support email address' is used only for notifications.

For a proper working ticketing system, it is mandatory to use it directly from UCRM - from the view of administrator or support person.

If your problems persist, let us know. We will appreciate your feedback, you can send me a private message with your settings. We will need more information to accurately target possible bugs.

[ Edited ]

It has always been from the UCRM side, the replys have ovb. been from a client email, but my end has always been  from UCRM. I will check that setting and get back, 

what do you mean the “support” email will only show minimization, that is the email i want to pull from for UCRM tickets. 

Also can you help show me get to that  location, I’m not a script guru. Thanks!! (Still learning) 

Ubiquiti Employee

@mcdivan96 we are still unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please reword this and provide more details about what exactly was done?

> Yes, that is set Correctly, i am still experiencing problems. the first reply goes the correct email, but every other one goes to the Sender email.

Some kind of the steps to reproduce, like:
1) ticket created by client in the UCRM client zone
2) admin replied in the UCRM > Ticketing, by adding a comment (email to client correctly sent)
3) client replied to the email by sending a reply email (e.g. hit "reply button in the gmail account" (it was correctly delivered to the IMAP inbox and UCRM created a new ticket comment)
4) same as step 2- admin replied in the UCRM > Ticketing, by adding a comment (email to client correctly sent)
5) similar to step 3 - client replied to the email by sending a reply email (e.g. hit "reply button in the gmail account") - This email was delivered to wrong email address (not the IMAP inbox), i.e. no ticket comment was created

- was it like this?

That is correct, It sent the 2nd and later customer replies to the "sender" address on the mailer page. if that helps 

your steps above outline exactly what happened.