Kudos: 101
Solutions: 7

uCRM - How to Refund with Stripe

Hey guys, I had some people list multiple subscriptions and ended up double paying (would be a nice note indicating they already had a subscription).

I went into Stripe and refunded the over payments, but I have yet to see the balance deduct from Stripe.  I would assume Stripe would kick a note to remove that money.  It's only been about 5 days, maybe it takes 10?

Any thoughts, or do I need to manually do something in uCRM?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 159

Re: uCRM - How to Refund with Stripe

Hello @dballan, refunds from Stripe are not synchronized with UCRM and vice versa (refunds in UCRM are not propagated to Stripe). If you want to create a refund in UCRM, you have to do that manually (either delete the payment, or create a refund from client's credit).

Kudos: 101
Solutions: 7

Ok makes sense, I listed the same refund manually in uCRM to balance out what I did in Stripe.

I did notice Stripe sent and API push to uCRM, is that just ignored?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 234
Solutions: 159

[ Edited ]

Yes, it's ignored, UCRM handles only the following Stripe webhook events:

1. charge.succeeded (new payment)
  2. customer.deleted (sets subscriptions as inactive if customer ID exists in UCRM)
  3. customer.subscription.deleted (sets subscription as cancelled if subscription ID exists in UCRM)
  4. customer.bank_account.deleted (disconnects stripe ACH bank account if ID exists in UCRM)
Kudos: 1

I do not understand why you do not have it to properly process refunds? I have worked with a lot of CRM software and never have I had to go to the Authorize, Stripe, or PayPal and process it manually. If your API is coded properly, we should be able to click on the invoice, do a full or partial refund and UCRM should take careof it on both sides. You also need to add tax setups or allow grouping of items into a crouped item where  you have uncommon sales taxes. Example is Texas, where the frist $25 is not taxed and the remainder is. This makes me not want to use UCRM just for these very reasons. If we do decide to use it we will not use the billing side. You have a good software, you just need to fix the accounting side of it.

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1424
Solutions: 312

It's not because we don't want to enable this, it just hasn't been implemented yet.

This request is mentioned here https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UCRM-Feature-Requests/Better-Integration-with-Stripe/idi-p/2285384