Kudos: 2

using api to devices model name

I've been trying to use the api to pull the devices model names for a inventory pluggin but when I follow the example code it returns everything but the model name. I see the model name in ucrm web ui though. Is anyone else experiencing the problem?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 187
Solutions: 133

Re: using api to devices model name

Hello @jhoop, thank you for the report, we'll look into it.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1248
Solutions: 271

[ Edited ]

@jhoop I don't recommend you to use API related to devices in UCRM. Due to the planned integration with UNMS, the devices will be moved from UCRM to UNMS, so this part of API will be removed. Instead of it, you can use UNMS API. However, note that we plan to hardcode Inventory module directly into UCRM (Q1 2019)

Kudos: 2

currently my code to import mac addresses into freeradius from ucrm makes use of the client service devices part of the api to get the mac address for freeradius. When the devices part of the api get's removed will there be a working radius server built into one of the two so mac authentication can still work?
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1248
Solutions: 271

You should still be able to get the data you need, either from a new UCRM API endpoint (or modified GET Service endpoint) or from UNMS API.