Highlighted
Kudos: 1

New ONU's not showing in UNMS/MGMT lock up

As we add new Loco's they are not auto discovering in UNMS. They appear inside of the OLT web GUI and always require the resetting of the UNMS key to show up in UNMS. The log shows an unsupported ONU everytime. I've tried replacing your NTP servers with our own via UNMS, since you can no longer do that via the OLT GUI, but doesn't seem to help.

On a side note, twice now with 2 different OLT's, changing the NTP servers then resetting the UNMS key has locked up our MGMT access to the OLT. We still get an ARP entry, just no ping. Will try remotely rebooting via a managed PDU during our maintance window.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 121
Solutions: 35

Re: New ONU's not showing in UNMS/MGMT lock up

@achizmadia
Could you please let us knwo what versions of UNMS, OLTs and ONUs you use?
It's recommended to update to the latest version before or right after deploying them on site.

UNMS: 0.13.0

OLT: 3.0.1

ONU: 3.0.0

Most of these issues started when we upgraded to UNMS 0.13.0

Emerging Member
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 1

I just experienced a similar issue and I'm not sure it is related to the NTP servers. Usually, we update the firmwares on the ONT as soon as we plug them in. This has never happened before however, we have left plugged in two Nano G's running firmware 1.0.1 for a week as we were preparing for an install. Attempting to log into the OLT directly (since the UNMS can't seem to update ONT's running version 1.0.1) results in a blank screen. I can SSH into the OLT however, the UI will simply not load. I'm afraid to reboot this machine. My thinking is that keeping 2 or more ONT's with an outdated firmware for an extended period of time locks up the OLT UI.

Any way to restart the UI service?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1037
Solutions: 182

@achizmadia  @caesar305  Hello guys. Right now it seems there may be a data parsing issue causing this situation. In order to confirm it, we need support info both from your OLT and UNMS. Please, send those files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

I have emailed you the support file for an OLT that I downloaded within minutes of deploying a new LOCO that was upgraded before we deployed it. I can not get you the support file for UNMS as it fails to even start the download. Also I would love to get you the support file from the OLT I have no management access to but will require an on site visit to obtain.