Highlighted
Accepted Solution

UFiber Vlan Setup

We are a small rural Ozark cable company and have started building some FFTx projects in new sudvisions.  Up to now all of the installations have been RFOG but we have made the decision to move to GPON for the rest of our projects due to the issues regarding OBI with RFOG.  We are by no means IP network experts and I am unsure of what the UFiber / Nano G can do as far as vlan support. 

I have attached a diagram of what I would like to do.  It follows a similer setup using Ubiquiti wireless equipment that we use for a wireless service on one of our towers were we feed data to customers that our plant doesn't reach.  This us allows our CMTS network to handout public IPs, control bandwidth through our modem mangement system and allow us to comply with the feds on CALEA.

Will the UFiber product allow us to do this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Steve

GPON Setup.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 110
Solutions: 32

Re: UFiber Vlan Setup

Hi Steve ( @sneakyshoe ). VLANs are supported so OLT and Nano Gs will work as you described without any problems. Thank you for choosing UFiber!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

Hi Steve ( @sneakyshoe ). VLANs are supported so OLT and Nano Gs will work as you described without any problems. Thank you for choosing UFiber!

Thanks Martin!

Martin,

Will I have to have a managed router at each customer location to remove the vlan tag or will the nano G do it for me?

Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee

You can choose whether you want the Nano to remove the tags or keep them.

Thanks!!

Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

I can not ping my wifi router, what am I doing wrong?
diagrama de conexion ufiber OLT.jpg
ONU config1.jpg
ONU profile1.jpg
vlan sfp1.jpg
Ubiquiti Employee

It should work without any problems. I can imagine two possible problems:
Incorrect addresses on the device connected to the OLT's uplink.
Non working uplink cable - we have seen some Mikrotik's cables and modules which reported link up on both sides but data didn't pass. I can recommend you to try UBNT fiber modules or DACs.
Emerging Member
Kudos: 14

Are you positive that the router is setup to respond to ICMP traffic on the WAN interface?  Most have this blocked by default.

Kudos: 1

Hi Martin, i am sorry for my english, is poor, i speak spanish. This bridge interfaces OLT.jpgmikrotik direccion IP1.jpgufiber interface config br0.jpgdirection in the OLT ufiber is fine? The OLT ufiber do it bridge between SFP+1, SFP+2, PON, RJ45 port management?

Ubiquiti Employee

RJ45 is separated, it's not bridged with PON and SFP+ ports.