Highlighted

Ubiquiti Nano G web interfaces hangs staying "Waiting for device..."

Hi there,

I am having an issue with my nano G device. I bought it last week and first thing I did, it was to upgrade it to the v3.1.2.

After that, I was testing the different GPON profiles available to check if it connects to my ISP OLT. 

Since I tried the profile 3, the device hangs showing "Waiting for device..." after log into the device web interface. Few seconds after the login, the message waiting for the device is showing until it shows a "connection timeout". 

As shown in the picture attached, the device responds to ping all the time but due to that message, I am not able to configure the device using the web management interface.

I really appreciate if you can help me.

Thank you,

Screenshot.JPG

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 7

Re: Ubiquiti Nano G web interfaces hangs staying "Waiting for device..."

ONU reboots when changing profile or work mode. You may need to reload your browser.

If that doesn't help, try disconnecting fiber from ONU or powering onu off & on.

Hi,

In fact, I did that as soon as the pop up window apperared. I disconnect the fiber, I rebooted the device, but every time I connect now to the web interface, it will show this pop-up window (I cannot do any changes as this pop-up windows is shown just few seconds after I log in). 

I will try to downgrade to the v3.0.0 but I will not be able to do it through the web interface as that message will not let me do it.

I need to find out how to do the downgrade from CLI. 

Also, I will attach the developer tool log with the elements that it loads before the message pops-up.

Thank you,

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 44
Solutions: 7

Yes, please send me the log.

Are you able to access onu over ssh/telnet? If so, please send me the output of command `dumpcfg`

Try to reset ONU to default settings using command `restoredefault` or by holding the reset button on the side.

To upgrade ONU from CLI enter a shell by running `sh`, upload the fw to /tmp/image.bin and use `fwupdate /tmp/image.bin`

I will do it by tonight and i will forward the info requested. Thank you