11/08/2018
Anybody use Fiber cards on a server (HP)
Used Products
×1
×1
×1
×1
Description

We were wondering if anyone has used the 3rd party (non-ubi) network fiber cards to connect to ubiq devices. See below for network card and fiber switch. Our network card is HP.

Attached are both images of the fiber switch and of the network card we would like to use from HP. We are choosing HP because our server is HP. 

Thanks to anyone for your help. We greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can provide for us. 

fiber_switch.jpg

fiber_module.jpg

fiber_netowrkcard.PNG

fiber_module.jpg

0 Kudos

Anybody use Fiber cards on a server (HP)

by on ‎11-08-2018 11:05 AM

We were wondering if anyone has used the 3rd party (non-ubi) network fiber cards to connect to ubiq devices. See below for network card and fiber switch. Our network card is HP.

Attached are both images of the fiber switch and of the network card we would like to use from HP. We are choosing HP because our server is HP. 

Thanks to anyone for your help. We greatly appreciate any assistance anyone can provide for us. 

fiber_switch.jpg

fiber_module.jpg

fiber_netowrkcard.PNG

fiber_module.jpg

{"location":{"title":"Barberton, OH, USA","placeId":"ChIJSyPtpHjTMIgRa0ZfTLyZbj4"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"ufiber-olt","count":1},{"id":"ufiber-nano-g","count":1},{"id":"ucrm","count":1},{"id":"unms","count":1}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"","mainImage":"181862iDA38A252331FF849"}

fiber_switch.jpg
Comments
by
on ‎11-08-2018 02:12 PM

I am doing this at my facility using the Unifi Switch X16 XG and a Dell Poweredge R520 with an Intel 82599ES 10Gig fiber card.  The connection is being used for iSCSI storage for my ESXi host.  I am using Unifi SFPs however.

by
on ‎11-08-2018 03:54 PM

If the servers are in the same rack as the switches then use direct attach cables.

by
on ‎11-09-2018 09:56 AM

I'm using an Emulex card (with Unifi 10 gig sfp+'s) and it's been working just fine.

by
a month ago

Yeah we use some Intel SFP+ cards to connect our servers to our 16XG.  So far (at least a year) all has been great.  I believe we're using the SFP+ direct attach cables from UBNT for all of them, but some may be Fiber with UBNT adapters, I'd have to go and look.