04/27/2018
UFiber GPON in Nezvěstivce (Pilsen region / Czech Rep.)
Reason for Installation
Used Products
×1
×60
Description

Hello here, we are Radynet a WISP from Czech Republic with around 3000 customers and this is our first attempt to use fiber instead of wireless technology. We connected 71 houses and 64 flats in a town of Nezvěstice in Czech Republic. We reused trenches made by municipality for burying down the power cables in the town which made this deployment a bit easier and cheaper. To save even more we built a DIY fiber blowing machine and bought a really cheap fusion splicer from China, surprisingly it works quite ok. We decided to use UFiber as we are basically rookies in the fiber world so the easiness of setup is a huge plus.

UBNT will probably release our case study soon so this thread is just about sharing some more pictures and discussing the details possibly.

obr040-CO.JPG

obr011-radost.JPG

obr036-svarovani.JPG

obr016-vysledky.JPG

obr037-svarovani.JPG

obr031-foukame.JPG

obr047-GPON.jpg

obr032-foukame.JPG

obr033-svarovani.JPG

obr010-radost.JPG

obr041-CO.JPG

obr028-foukame.JPG

by ‎04-27-2018 09:21 AM - edited ‎04-27-2018 09:22 AM

Hello here, we are Radynet a WISP from Czech Republic with around 3000 customers and this is our first attempt to use fiber instead of wireless technology. We connected 71 houses and 64 flats in a town of Nezvěstice in Czech Republic. We reused trenches made by municipality for burying down the power cables in the town which made this deployment a bit easier and cheaper. To save even more we built a DIY fiber blowing machine and bought a really cheap fusion splicer from China, surprisingly it works quite ok. We decided to use UFiber as we are basically rookies in the fiber world so the easiness of setup is a huge plus.

UBNT will probably release our case study soon so this thread is just about sharing some more pictures and discussing the details possibly.

obr040-CO.JPG

obr011-radost.JPG

obr036-svarovani.JPG

obr016-vysledky.JPG

obr037-svarovani.JPG

obr031-foukame.JPG

obr047-GPON.jpg

obr032-foukame.JPG

obr033-svarovani.JPG

obr010-radost.JPG

obr041-CO.JPG

obr028-foukame.JPG

{"location":{"title":"Nezvěstice, Czechia","placeId":"ChIJM0FkDAHkCkcRpLHOVAl4_pQ"},"addedProducts":[{"id":"ufiber-olt","count":1},{"id":"ufiber-nano-g","count":60}],"solved":"","numbers":"","description":"UFiber GPON in Nezvěstivce (Pilsen region / Czech Rep.)","mainImage":"154559i1EBC142695734474"}

Comments
by
on ‎04-30-2018 08:37 PM
Just curious-- blown fiber seems less popular in the US; what made you go that route?
by
on ‎05-01-2018 03:11 AM

What is your experience with the cheap fusion splicer? What did you pay for that?

by
on ‎05-03-2018 06:24 AM

Hi @Aaarrrgggh and @bhbs

Blown fiber - We found this to be the easiest and cheapest method. The longest fiber path we have is 300 M only so that also helped to choose blowing over another techniques. 

Fusion splicer - We bought it from china for about 20k CZK (which is around 950 USD). It's a 2D splicer only but we found it sufficient. The only problems we had were:

- We needed to send both splicers to RMA as they stopped working afer half a year

- Sometimes you need to "solder" the joint two times or three times to get reliable connectoin but that's just occasional

- Doesn't work well in lower temperatures (around 0 °C)

by
on ‎05-05-2018 10:57 AM

Do you have any more information on your DIY fibre blowing tool? It looks interesting. 

by
on ‎05-07-2018 05:06 AM

Now you are a FISP too! (Fiber Internet Service Provider)

by
on ‎05-09-2018 09:48 AM

Hey I got one question.

I was just wondering how do you become an ISP how do you get the internet and how do you give users IP adresses?

Thank you very much

by
on ‎05-13-2018 09:41 AM

thanks for share your experiences with us!

Please i would like purchase a fiber splicer can you help with a web site link from china or any store! thanks in advance  sincerely  great from South America - Ecuador

by
on ‎05-14-2018 12:37 PM

Can you send the link were you purchase the parts of the blower and the fiber that you using 

by
on ‎05-21-2018 08:07 PM

@MJ-radynet

You should try AFL splicers.  I picked a two up on eBay for $800 and $1,200 USD.  Never have any fusion issues.  The only time I have issues is if I accidentally break the splice while trying to put the splice sleeve on.  I found the key is to make sure there is a little horizontal stress on the splice, so that it can't break before the sleeve is heated/sealed to the fibers.

by
on ‎05-21-2018 08:39 PM

How did you "reuse" the municipality trench for power?  Did they run their power conduit, partially fill, and then let you put your stuff on top of that?