Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 4
Solutions: 4

Connect to AG-Installer but cannot discover devices

i am able to connect to the AirGateway Installer no problem and view all the settings. 

When I connect a LiteBeam AC radio to the POE port the radio comes online and the network traffic light flashes randomly but the discovery in UMobile finds nothing at all.

Not sure what i'm missing here,  Must be something small and stupid.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 49
Solutions: 26

Re: Connect to AG-Installer but cannot discover devices

[ Edited ]

We encountered this issue several days ago and we are working on it. It'll be fixed in the next release, until that, the issue can be usually fixed by refresh on discovery screen

EDIT: I missread the product name. No issues with AGW installer discovery were encountered so far

Emerging Member

I can refresh till i'm blue in the face. Doesn't make a difference. If it cant find the device behind it, this becomes a 60$ paperweight.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 144
Solutions: 17

How do your run discovery? Is AGW Installer in router or in bridge mode? Do you run discovery via Installer button (on Android click on green "+" button and then choose Installer, on iOS choose Installer from menu). Do you test on iOS or Android?
Emerging Member

I didn't change any settings in the AG from what it was shipped with.

I updated the firmware to the latest available on download.ubnt.com

I open the app.  Click the + button.  Go to Installer.  It finds the installer and sometimes updates the config.

From there 9.5 times out of 10 it won't find a device behind it.

I've tried different devices and different cables.

It's all being done on Android and with 2 separate AG units.

Emerging Member

@UBNT-Vlad  Any more suggestions?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 49
Solutions: 26

@jdale The Installer mode should work like this:

1) open the app -> + button -> Installer

2) UMobile finds the installer ssid and connects to it

3) It updates AGW Installer's configuration if necessary

4) It connect's to AGW Installer again, since it's restarted by configuration change

5) It does discovery on AGW and shows you the results. Here is important to know that this 'installer' discovery is different process than the discovery that you can start on home screen, so it's important to stay in installer mode and wait until discovery results are shown.

If this process doesn't work for you, please try to log in to AGW installer using web browser, choose "Discovery" from tools and check if some results are shown to you (that's is the Discovery run by UMobile in Installer mode). If you'll be able to see your device here, but not on UMobile, then it's a bug