Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

UMobile App - Cannot log onto Discovered devices if IP is set statically

[ Edited ]

So UMobile 1.3.0 with default config settings on AirGateway Installer 1.1.9 if WAN is set to DHCP and NAT is on with fall back address as default 192.168.1.1. and you try and connect to a PowerBeam M5-400 factory defaulted you can connect fine, now if you set the PowerBeam up as Static IP in bridge mode (Network cfg) to say 10.20.30.40 you can no longer connect to it even though it is in discovery. Now if you change the wan of the installer to the same subnet as the unit in discovery mode it logs in fine. So is NAT broken on the installer SW or is it a UMobile issue.

Tim

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 99
Solutions: 11

Re: UMobile App - Cannot log onto Discovered devices if IP is set statically

I think this is correct behavior. If WAN port on AGW Installer is on a different subnet than the Powerbeam, it can't connect to it. This scenario works only on new U-Installer which is able to add unknown subnets to U-Installer WAN port based on device discovery results.

How new is new U installer. Mine are fairly new like 4/2016
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 99
Solutions: 11

U-Installer is a new product, it's now available only for beta testers - basically it's a successor of AGW Installer - it has own internal battery, USB 3 for charging, can feed more power to connected devices and has improved firmware so that you don't have to worry about IP address changes.

Bummer. I just bought these 2 this past winter