Kudos: 38
Solutions: 4

Adding both Loco5AC to UNMS - how?

First off I know I have asked this question a few hours ago but I read my post and saw that it was utterly crap. So please forget that, erase it, cause I can't.

So I will go again with loads more info.

First of my setup:

House 1 and House 2.

They are connect via two Loco5AC, approx 100 meters between them, LoS, PtP.

All is working perfect.

In house 1: Fiber modem -> USG -> Loco5AC and on LAN is one AP AC Lite.

In house 2:  Loco5AC -> USW 150W ->  LAN -> 2 AP AC Lite, UCK, VM with UNMS (1.13).

I hope that is a raw explination of my setup is enough to help me or if not Ive added my network sketch for more info.

Using the UNMS server I can see the Loco5AC ar House 2 with DHCP IP 10.20.1.101, and I can add it.

I do not see the Loco5AC on House 1 in any way. Even though I know it's IP.

Using the UNMS iOS app, under the discovery tab I do see both Loco5ACs. But when I choose to adopt House 1s Loco5AC, I see that logout-button appear and then I get an time-out.

I used the excellent support setting up this PtP bridge, so house 1 Loco5AC has a static IP not part of any of the networks.

House 1: 10.18.1.0/24

House 2: 10.20.1.0/24

House 1 Loco5AC has IP 192.168.1.3, I have the login credentials.

How do I get to add House 1s Loco5AC?

nätskiss.png
Kudos: 542
Solutions: 60

Re: Adding both Loco5AC to UNMS - how?

@mattiash

Can you successfully ping your UNMS server from Loco5AC on House 1?

Majo

No I cannot. I only see it through the UNMS iOS app. I cant ping it from the USG either which it is actually connected to.

@mattiash

Ping does not work, you do not have a clear path to UNMS, and that's the main reason why you can not add your Loco5AC to UNMS. Is there any reason why you are using a static IP address outside of your DHCP range?

Majo

@MajoV The reason is that I got help from the Ubnt support setting up the antennas - no other reason than that.

This is my first time using such equipment and they helped me getting them up and running. They are working perfectly but I want to be able to fine tune the performance through UNMS.

Is there a guide that helps me setup this up in another way? Or do you have any suggestions?

@mattiash

Try changing the IP address in your 5AC to DHCP. It should help connect your device to UNMS. If not, you can revert your settings back.

5AC.PNG

Majo

Thanks! I will try to install that admin tool to see if I can reach it then.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

[ Edited ]

@mattiash  Hello Mattias. I just want to confirm the comment from @MajoV. Each device needs to have a clear route to the UNMS server in order to connect to it. Look for anything that may interfere with the connection (bad routing, wrong gateway etc...)

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 1

I have been lightly following this thread, but not only are the IP's configured strangly, I also notice that house1 and house2 are on different subnets, but you don't specify that you are using VLans and you only show one router.

As all have stated, you need a clear path to the UNMS server. 

- To test log into the cli and perform a ping and traceroute to the unms server from each device you want to connect.

Although in your comments it says you want to tweak settings. Not really what UNMS does. For changing settings in the devices you really need to just log into the devices.

BUT, with that said you still have some very basic networking not configured correctly.

Highlighted

Please advice how I should build the network better - to move away from basic.