Highlighted
Kudos: 113
Solutions: 2

Bind UNMS to specific IP Address

I have a virtual server that I'm running UNMS on. It looks good so far, but now i want to run another service on this host that also needs Port 80 and Port 443.

I can assign another IP address to the host without any problems.

How can I bind the UNMS docker instance to just one of the IP addresses on this host?

e.g. the Host has the IP address 10.0.0.10 and UNMS is happily listening on this address.

I add a second IP address, 10.0.0.20 to the same interface, and now I want UNMS to just repsond to queries on 10.0.0.10 so my other app can respond to queries on 10.0.0.20.

Thanks,
Kai

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1326
Solutions: 261

Re: Bind UNMS to specific IP Address

@kai_h  Hello Kai. In order to achieve this, you would need to configure and run a Proxy server and start UNMS on a nonstandard port. It is tricky to configure the proxy properly though. If you search the community forum there may be a thread dealing with this already. Also, we have a guide for proxy servers right here.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 113
Solutions: 2

Thank you for the reply. It seems a bit long-winded to have to configure a reverse proxy just to bind to a specific IP - is there no way to do this in the Docker configuration instead?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1326
Solutions: 261

@kai_h  Hello Kai. Right now we do not know how to accomplish this through Docker while making the solution stable in the long run. The developers came up with an idea of solving this situation with the installation script option though. We will add this in some later release.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!