Emerging Member
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 2

Changing monitoring parameters in UNMS - developing suggestion

Hi,

I'd like to know if there is a way to alter monitoring parameters in UNMS. I saw that under statistics UNMS gets a sample every 10 minutes from devices. I am interested in being able to monitor AF-11FX radios and the Rocket prism sector radios at a lower interval. I need to know if they reach certain threshhold, respectively if they reach capacity as this is important to insure customers have enough bandwidth capacity all the time and I need to catch eventual spikes to 100% capacity. Getting a sample every 10 minutes is only informative, but not necessary accurate for the entire interval. 10 minutes later and the link might be OK, while during those 10 minutes the link might have reach capacity several times and customers experienced poor service. Please advice if there is a way to modify monitor sample intervals on certain devices. I would go as low as 10 seconds for critical devices instead of 10 minutes. It would be even better to define a monitoring schedule like let's say between 12AM to 5 PM to take a sample every 10 minutes as I know during this period there is no way to reach capacity and between 5 PM to 12 AM to take a sample every 10 seconds as during this time everybody is pounding the network and it might get close or even reach capacity. This is also a developping suggestion that can be implemented in UNMS as I suppose it doesn't exist now.

Thank you and waiting for your reply.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

Re: Changing monitoring parameters in UNMS - developing suggestion

[ Edited ]

@cosminp Hello. I am not sure about the 10min sampling. The longest device update frequency is 2min. You can set up the frequency for each individual device by opening that device and going  Settings -> UNMS -> Device specific settings -> Device Update Frequency. If you choose 'High' the device will be sending an update every 6 sec.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 2

Hi @UBNT-Radek,

If the parameters are captured every 2 seconds On High Setting, where can I see those captured numbers related to throughput? On the Statisctics page the graphs have captured points every 1 minute. I need to know what happens in between. What rae the parameters in between and more important to get some alarm if capacity reaches a predefined threshhold like 95% or 98%.

Capture.PNG

Thank you.

Regards,

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

Hello @cosminp. Thank you for the explanation. I believe that I understand the situation better now. You are correct that those graphs only show the data points each 15 sec, so while UNMS have the numbers every 2 sec you cannot display them in a convenient way.
We are already working on a new generation of graphs with higher granularity and built-in zoom function which will be able to display what you need.
As for the alerts, right now UNMS only allows you to get alerts when devices go offline. We will add a more robust system of alerts in the future though.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!