Kudos: 14

Feature request UNMS

[ Edited ]

Not sure where to place this. I wanted to request a few key features that I think all of us would benefit from.

• third part mib for connecting snmp devices. We have a lot of Cisco switches and ups cameras etc. and with the direction of unms I’m thinking it can replace my current mapping software!!! 
  • More reporting of devices third party
  • auto backup of unms to a different location!!
  • data links are super cool and more should be done to auto discover them for switches!!!
  • If you need ideas look at Auvik or intermapper or the dude
  • topo map, allow us to drag and drop device connections and move devices to locations
  • site collectors for third party devices

Overall im really liking the direction of the product and feel you guys are going in the correct direction. I know you guys always do software system for free but, maybe look at a paid version for third party systems or a more feature rich option. I wouldn’t second guess paying for it. The key is getting updates and support! I really haven’t found any network management system I’ve been crazy about.

Kudos: 14

Re: Feature request UNMS

Also forgot, user accounts by site!
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 59

@dtsnv2014
The correct place would be here: https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UNMS-Feature-Requests/idb-p/UNMSFeatureRequests
You might want to look through the current requests and vote.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

@dtsnv2014 Hello Jonathan. Let me confirm the comment from @flamber and encourage you to go through the Feature request section as well. 

data links are super cool and more should be done to auto discover them for switches!!!

We are already working on autodiscovery through LLDP. The goal is that UNMS can auto-discover the ethernet connection as well as wireless. 

auto backup of unms to a different location!!
In a long term plan, we are definitely going to implement such a feature.

topo map, allow us to drag and drop device connections and move devices to locations

Drag and drop feature on the topology view is not planned to be done for now, but we are working on AirLink integration with corresponding map improvements. 

Also forgot, user accounts by site!
Yes, this is very often requested feature. We are definitely going to implement that. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!