Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

I really want to use UNMS but

I really want to start using UNMS to replace AC2 but so far I have not been able to get the same functions.  

UNMS will discover my APs and CPEs but every single device it finds must be clicked several times to authorize it to the correct site.  I found where I think it says I could mass authoriaze if I imported a .cvs file.  Neither of these are very workable for several thousand devices.   Or am I missing something else?

UNMS does not seem to pass the credentials when I click to log into a decive.  I have to log in manually.  Is this by design?  

Can UNMS be set to auto-discover and add new devices that get added to the network?  For example when equipment gets replacced or added and the UNMS-key is added?  

Thanks for any insight to these questions.  

Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1320
Solutions: 259

Re: I really want to use UNMS but

@dmain  Hello Debbie. 
UNMS will discover my APs and CPEs but every single device it finds must be clicked several times to authorize it to the correct site. I found where I think it says I could mass authoriaze if I imported a .cvs file. Neither of these are very workable for several thousand devices. Or am I missing something else?

If you are using the latest AC2, you can add generic UNMS key to all your devices and they will be in UNMS in the unauthorized state. You are correct that devices can be automatically authorized via a .csv file. Unfortunately, this is the only way how to import and authorize a large number of devices into UNMS right now. This method should be working without issues even for thousands of devices. Did you try creating a smaller sample and importing it? Was there any issue with that? 
Please note that in the future we are planning to add a better way of authorizing devices in bulk.  

UNMS does not seem to pass the credentials when I click to log into a decive.  I have to log in manually.  Is this by design?
Please be aware that this will be changed in the upcoming 0.14.0 release and UNMS will allow the user to connect to a device automatically. It will be available for airMAX and airFiber devices at first and we will be adding support for other devices gradually. 

Can UNMS be set to auto-discover and add new devices that get added to the network?  For example when equipment gets replacced or added and the UNMS-key is added?  
We are working on an automatic device discovery right now. There will be an automatic scan of the surrounding network available for some devices, and the results of this scan will show undiscovered devices in the vicinity of those already connected to UNMS. UNMS will then guide you on how to add such devices. It will even work for devices that are invisible to UNMS but can be seen by neighbor network elements. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 1
Solutions: 1

Re: I really want to use UNMS but

Thank you for these updates.