Kudos: 75
Solutions: 20
Accepted Solution

Multiple data link to Ubiquiti device

Started to use topology in UNMS a lot more, one thing I have not fitured out yet (after a quick search here) is that how you can add two data links to the same Ubiquiti radio?  at the moment the WiFi interface is automatically linked to the next associated device, and I can manually add ether0 to the device connected to the LAN side. 

However sometimes there is more than one devices connected "back to back". If you want to link another device, then there is no available interface to connect it to.

Yes there is a POE switch which has SMTP on it has private IP and UNMS is in the cloud. Don't want to set up 60+ port forarding just for those SMTP. 

example:

NanoBeam 1  - > NanoBeam 2 -> Lite AP A 

-> LiteAP B

I can add LiteAP A to the NanoBeam 2 but unable to do the same for LiteAP B, as the ether0 of NanoBeam 2 is already used.

there is a POE switch (some are unifi some are not) power NaonBeam 2 and both the LiteAPs but the IP of the switch is private and UNMS is in the cloud. I would have 60+ port forwarding to do .

UEWA, MTCNA, MTCTCE

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

Re: Multiple data link to Ubiquiti device

@ValleyView Hello Tao. Your topology view should truly represent your network and contain all network elements you have. Please be aware that you can add those network devices to your topology view even if they are not Ubiquiti devices and UNMS cannot see them. There is a tool to manually create a device and insert it into the topology map. So if I understand correctly there is a switch between your NanoBeam2 and those LiteAPs. You can just create the switch, connect it with ETH0 interface of the NanoBeam and then connect suitable interfaces of the switch to both LiteAPs. This can be done without any port forwarding.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Kudos: 183
Solutions: 59

@ValleyView You mean SNMP, not SMTP?
Ubiquiti Employee

@ValleyView Hello Tao. Your topology view should truly represent your network and contain all network elements you have. Please be aware that you can add those network devices to your topology view even if they are not Ubiquiti devices and UNMS cannot see them. There is a tool to manually create a device and insert it into the topology map. So if I understand correctly there is a switch between your NanoBeam2 and those LiteAPs. You can just create the switch, connect it with ETH0 interface of the NanoBeam and then connect suitable interfaces of the switch to both LiteAPs. This can be done without any port forwarding.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

My bad. doing two things at the same time...it's SNMP

UEWA, MTCNA, MTCTCE

Thanks Radek, what's exactly what I was after. Managed to create devices as switches with mutiple ethernet ports and connected them to the appropriate Ubiquiti radios.

UEWA, MTCNA, MTCTCE

@UBNT-Radek one more question. how do I go about moving the devices on the topology? 

so I would have main router, then one PTP link to a switch and another 3  PTP links to another 3 other switches, each swich has LiteAP or further PTP links. they should be located from left to right. where the left is thge uplink and right is the download.

However I have sometimes the manually created links going back to the left, which mean the radios furhter down the link is placed with the radios that is up the link... I am not able to drap them to the other side of the switch at the moment. 

tried few different IP settings on those ethernet interfaces, no changes to the topology.

is there a way to chagne this?  

UEWA, MTCNA, MTCTCE

[ Edited ]

Kilconquhar1.PNG

so the link is from reception, going through PTP01B, to the Unifi switch at Tower,

then tI have PTP02A to PTP05A all plugged into this switch, these links would be to the right of the switch but it is going back to the left now...

UEWA, MTCNA, MTCTCE
Kudos: 542
Solutions: 60

@ValleyView

I do not know anything about your network topology, but try logically to divide your devices between clients and sites.

Here is an example

https://unms-demo.ubnt.com/sites/f505dccd-d909-4bc6-828d-a123f757f798/devices

Majo

Ubiquiti Employee

@ValleyView  Hello Tao.  First of all please check that datalinks are generated all the way to the Internet. UNMS needs that to properly compute the topology view. @MajoV is correct with his comment about the possibility of segregating parts of the topology into specific sites/clients as well, though I have to note that without the correct orientation you can run into issues even with the topology divided like that.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Highlighted

thanks guys, much appreciated. I have also figured out that you can get the link coming out of manually added switch from the right. If thte switch is on the top and the radio is at the bottom when you manually add them, 

Or, it's to do with which is dragged into which when you do it this way.

so yeah, started to get things in order now.Ihih

UEWA, MTCNA, MTCTCE