Emerging Member
Kudos: 3
Solutions: 1

Sites>Topology unassigned devices not creating links

I'm trying to set up topology map under sites>topology and when I drag an unassigned device to the proper site it is connected to and select the device on each side that is connected and the interface they are connected to (sometimes the wifi interface doesn't show up either) and click save, it says saved succesfully but it doesn't show on the map and it's still listed under unassigned devices. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

Re: Sites>Topology unassigned devices not creating links

@dtemple  Hello Daniel. I am not sure that I have a complete understanding of the situation. Can you please take a couple of screenshots to help me with that? Ideally, I would need the picture of your topology and the related datalinks. Generally either the links are bad or the topology is either computed or displayed wrong.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member

Here are a few shots that show the issue. The links show up if I click the site from unassigned devices on the left but do not show on the topology map and the device remains in the unassigned list. Thanks

topologymissinglinks.jpgtopologymissinglte2berteau.jpgtopologymissinghcove2sneed.jpg

Ubiquiti Employee

@dtemple  Hello Daniel. Thank you very much for the screenshots it helps a lot to get a better picture of the situation. To have complete info I would need a picture or a list of your datalinks as well. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Highlighted
Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

I have a visio file of our network layout if that would help?

Ubiquiti Employee

@dtemple  Hello Daniel. What we really need is a screenshot or a list of your datalinks. I took your screenshot and marked the datalink section we need:

topologymissinglte2berteau.jpg

If you made any changes, please just take this screenshot again and then click on the datalink section and create another screenshot.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png