05-16-2018 08:54 AM
The update to 0.12.1 went smooth.
The only "bug" is that it took about 5 minutes before the dashboard stop telling me Network in danger even if all device was connected.
05-17-2018 12:50 AM
@iLevac Hello Jonathan. Thank you for the report. Can you please give me info about the number of devices you have connected to UNMS? Also, it would be very interesting to have at least rough estimates of how many devices you have per category (airMAX, EdgeRouter, GPON etc...). I will ask our testers to try and simulate this in order to fix the situation.
05-18-2018 08:17 AM
Really a small amount of device :
1x aircube AC
offline : aircube AC (due to the impossibility to manage via unms when management vlan is used)
05-18-2018 08:31 AM
@UBNT-Radek Im having the same problem. I have around 52 devices. Mainly AirMax, a few EdgeMax and some AirCubes.
All units that say they are disconnected are actually connected and working. Just not according to UNMS. Its not isolated to specific sites, as some units at one site are connected and some are showing as not connected.
I do notice that when i go into Discovery Manager, the units are showing as 'Missing Credentials', although they have been previously working.
A server restart fixes it for an hour or so then back to above.
05-21-2018 04:05 AM - edited 05-21-2018 04:06 AM
@wireless6262 Hello Cameron. If you send me your UNMS logs and a device support info from at leas two of the devices that are showing outage on the dashboard even though they are actually all right, I will try to find out what is going on there.
05-21-2018 04:19 AM
@iLevac Hello Jonathan, thank you for info. Please send me both UNMS logs and a device support info from the disconnected airCube. We will have a look at why is it refusing to cooperate. Please, send those files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message.
07-25-2018 08:45 AM
@UBNT-Radek So my UNMS has been running great since we last spoke. But since this morning it has been having the above issue again. It is showing devices as disconnected but they are still reachable on the network.
07-26-2018 08:24 AM
@wireless6262 Hello Cameron. Please try to restart your UNMS first, then check your device update frequency and set it to a minimum if it is not already. Disconnections are often caused by an overload of the UNMS server, and this may help. You can also send me your UNMS logs and I will try to find some clues about the possible cause of the situation. Please, send those files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message. The last possibility is to wait a bit for 0.13.0 release, which will bring massive performance upgrade by introducing multithread support.
07-29-2018 10:36 AM
@UBNT-Radek I have emailed over the requested. My UNMS has been very unstable over the past few days, every 5/10 minutes UNMS says almost all of my devices are disconnected (but they are not as I can log in to them). The only thing that has changed recently is the fact that i have reached over 100 devices in UNMS.
So today i though i would try turning off CloudFlare HTTPS & DNS Proxy (CDN) feature. Now, this is done around 36 devices on my network are saying disconnected in UNMS (but they are accessible). UNMS is still accessible from off my network/public domain. I have refreshed the SSL. Not sure why turning CloudFlare off would make much difference?
This is a really annoying problem, as UNMS keeps telling me that the network is in danger, but it's not. Basically until this is fixed I cant trust UNMS.
07-30-2018 05:15 AM - edited 07-30-2018 05:16 AM
@wireless6262 Hello Cameron. Just a side note, I am seeing a lot of datalink errors in your logs, so it is possible that your data links are not syncing correctly.
07-30-2018 07:14 AM
08-26-2018 04:16 AM
@UBNT-Radek I thought I would just post a quick update as I am still having the problem. Looking more likely to be the 'bug' you mentioned. I tried a few things to see if it could resolve it but no luck!
- Change DNS servers on affected devices
- Refresh device in UNMS
- Add new key into UNMS section on device
- Delete device and try to add again via device and discovery manager
None of the above worked. I hope that we will see some sign of 0.13.0 this week - it's so frustrating having a monitoring system that tells me half my network doesn't work when it is working fine. I have now set up another monitoring until Ubnt gets this sorted!
08-30-2018 06:26 AM
@wireless6262 Thank you for your patience, Cameron. Please wait until there is a stable 0.13.0 release and if this issue is not improved then, give me feedback about the situation.
09-01-2018 04:44 AM
@UBNT-Radek No problem - I will do!
Since my last post, I have been trying to do some more things to get it working. I think it might be a combination of the bug and something in my routing settings. I have just discovered a computer directly connected to my WISP network cannot access my UNMS. I only got the issue when I turned off CloudFlare DNS proxy. So I think my issue now might be related to Harpin NAT within my network.
09-06-2018 08:09 AM