UNMS '0.13' Issue with "Download UBNT Firmware"

I installed a clean copy of UNMS in our on premise environment, and have connected a few Lite AP AC / NanoBeam 5AC Gen2 units to the system. If I go to "Firmware Manager" > "Download Firmware" or go to "Settings" > "Maintenance" > "Download UBNT Firmware" the result is the same where it states it is downloading in the background, but then fails 30s to 60s later at most. "Firmware Manager" doesn't show any relevant firmware for the devices I've attached after this process. A check of the logs doesn't reveal much, the unms log shows little while the nginx log shows a timeout of the request from its container to the unms container. From within the containers I've tested each container's ability to resolve DNS/get to the Internet and that succeeds specifically for the unms/nginx container. A few of the other containers don't have DNS resolution such as redis and postgres but they are able to get out to the Internet. At a bit of a loss as to why its failing or where else to look within the system.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

Re: UNMS '0.13' Issue with "Download UBNT Firmware"

@cfranke  Hello. By any chance do you have any https proxy installed? If you try to download from this link do you get some result? We may find some clue in your UNMS support info. Please, send those files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

I've sent the request information to you via e-mail. Tests using wget with the provided URL at the host LS and within the docker containers all succeeded and returned similar information.
Kudos: 2

Hello, i've a similar problem:

If i try to download a firmware from firmware manager i receive "succesfull download message" from UNMS but i'm not able to find the file on my pc.

I've also tried to download "support info" file from UNMS and it works..

Ubiquiti Employee

@Andrea_Galileo  Hello Andrea.  Maybe there is some blocker in your browser, do you see any notification in the corner? What is your browser?

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 2

Hello Radek. Chrome.

In the corner i see a green notification "succesfull download" but i find nothing in my pc.

Just in "firmware manager" section.. download in "maintenance" section works.

Kudos: 183
Solutions: 59

@UBNT-Radek
What is the button "Download Fireware" in the Firmware Manager supposed to do? Is it just a duplicate of Settings > Maintenance > Firmware > Download UBNT Firmware.
If yes, maybe remove the button from Firmware Manager - while also renaming the button to "Update UBNT Firmware" under Settings?

I know UNMS is actually downloading the firmware, but the way it looks in the GUI, you would kinda expect to download something to your computer.

@Andrea_Galileo
If you want to download firmware to your computer, just click the specific firmware link in the File column.
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@flamber  Hello Flamber. You are correct. This button really re-download the FW files directly to UNMS. We will rename the button to better reflect its function. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png