Highlighted
Kudos: 78
Solutions: 7
Accepted Solution

UNMS Bug report - NanoBridge Wireless Settings

I saw someone recently talking about an autofill problem, but this is more than just autofill.

I added a customer yesterday that has three nanobridges connecting his house to a shop and pool house. They have been connected for years with no issue, but after adding them I noticed that the antenn was reporting improperly (feedhorn only) and when I went into look in the wireless tab it added my username (chrome autofill) to the "Lock to AP" field on the two clients. I then tried to change the antenna , then change it back and it changed the AP to a Client!

In the process of testing I also lost one of the devices that will require a site visit now. UNMS changed something else. I also noticed that is seems to change the TX modulation randomly FROM auto to whatever it is currently modulating. 

I have only noticed these items when working with NanoBridges.

I only have a few NanoBridges left in service and most are on small PtP links like this where I connect a clients home to an outbuilding.

Here are some current screen shots of the two connected devices.

NanoBridge-WrongFeed-clientB.jpgNanoBridge-WrongFeed.jpgNanoBridge-WrongFeedA.jpgNanoBridge-WrongFeed-client.jpg

Accepted Solutions

Re: Nanobeam Disconnecting

@UBNT-Radek 

UNMS support files, and backups from device(s) , have been placed on a webserver. Email sent to you with details.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1210
Solutions: 232

Re: UNMS Bug report - NanoBridge Wireless Settings

@mcheavens  Hello Mark. Thank you for reporting this issue. We will need to replicate the error in our test environment in order to prepare a fix. We will make this a priority so if there are no issues I expect the fix to be ready for 0.13.3 release. I will let you know in case we need more info.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

@UBNT-Radek 

Radek,

I detailed more information about the specifics I saw in the bug report I filed here:

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UNMS-Beta/UNMS-Bug-report-NanoBridge-Wireless-Settings/m-p/2660791#M11...

The three nanobridges that were added last week had to first have the firmware updated manually (to the lastest with support for UNMS). After adding the devices all three registered and were authorized in UNMS. After authorization each of the two clients were ping ponging back and forth as to which one was connecting, but neither would stay connected.

I changed DNS servers on the devices and then was reviewing wireless settings in UNMS when it autofilled and changed the max tx rate.

NOTE: It would appear that UNMS is populating the "current tx rate (modulation)" into the max field.  It is also not reporting the "auto" field. The second device I ended up having to do a factory reset to be able to communicate with it, and to get it to connect. The previous setting had been in it for years.

How many days for the support file would you like? Would you also like the support files from the devices (with the primary one now having been factory reset)?

Mark

Ubiquiti Employee

Re: UNMS Bug report - NanoBridge Wireless Settings

@mcheavens   Hello again Mark. In order to find out more about your issue we would need a backup of the affected device. Please, send those files to the email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com, and include your forum name and URL of this thread in the message. In case the files are too big, please use a file sharing service such as Google Drive.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Employee

@mcheavens   Thank you, Mark. I moved your comment to the thread you specified to keep the discussion unfragmented. As for the support files, we need them to cover the time when devices were changed. Please note that we need both backup and support info files from the affected device as well. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

@UBNT-Radek 

UNMS support files, and backups from device(s) , have been placed on a webserver. Email sent to you with details.