Emerging Member
Kudos: 7
Solutions: 1
Accepted Solution

UNMS - Can't Add Device

[ Edited ]

First up, great work on the Edgerouter range and the UNMS service. Fantastic products and UNMS saves us so much time managing and monitoring multiple routers across the world.

However, i have stumbled across a problem. I have a fully working UNMS v0.9.2 install, with routers added and working away nicely for several weeks now (I've got a mix of ER-Lite and ER-8)

Now i've come to add another ER-Lite (v1.9.7) it won't show up. I can ping the unms hostname from the router GUI so that's fine. I've pasted the url into the ER several times, tried manual firmware updates, reboots etc but it doesn't show on the UNMS. 

I can see the connection attempts from the ER WAN IP in the UNMS logs, it's just not showing up so i can authorise it

I've got the logs and ER config ready to send if someone can assist

Thanks in advance

Dave

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 7

Re: UNMS - Can't Add Device

@crossovercable If you are using 1.9.7 without hotfix, please check that you are not affected by this bug and if possible upgrade to 1.9.7-hotfix.1. If you can't connect even with hotfix version please send me logs as a PM or at michal.sedlak@ubnt.com.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 9
Solutions: 7

@crossovercable If you are using 1.9.7 without hotfix, please check that you are not affected by this bug and if possible upgrade to 1.9.7-hotfix.1. If you can't connect even with hotfix version please send me logs as a PM or at michal.sedlak@ubnt.com.

Emerging Member

[ Edited ]

All working now after email assistance from Michal. There was a bug in UNMS 0.9.0 that was stopping the device being added. After upgrading to 0.9.2 the device would still not associate with UNMS as the MAC address was already in the database.

https://github.com/Ubiquiti-App/UNMS/wiki/Device-log-Troubleshooting#how-to-remove-device-mac-addres...

Thank you for your assistance Michal, much appreciated!

Highlighted

Thanks @crossovercable, the link to the MAC key removal was my saviour. Just couldn't figure out why 2 of my 5 ER Lites wouldn't connect. Happpened to be the 2 I tried before the UNMS upgrade. 

Emerging Member

Great stuff. Fingers crossed the bug has been resolved as i've not had it occur on any of the newer routers i've added Man Happy 

Hi,

Can someone help me out?  I am having trouble adding devices on UMNS.  All the devices are having a fixed IP address in the range of 172.30.127.0/24.  However, they are all opening on the 10.16.254.1 from the LAN (they are all nanostation M5 redirecting to open on the 10.16.254.1 from the LAN).

I had successfully added my own (172.30.127.93 opening on the 10.16.254.1 from my LAN) but when I tried to add the other ones, they could not be added.  UNMS had successfully discovered all of them but cannot add them.

I have set my laptop as the UNMS hostname/IP but as well as the ping server with address 10.16.254.18.

I know there is something missing and I want you guys to help me figured out why my own NM5 with the same settings and credentials like the others could be added but not the rest.

Any help will be welcomed...

Pending...

I have almost the same issue...

I had unms installed and working perfectly..suddenly the power went of and on, and the unms broke, so i had to remove it and do a fresh install. Now all the devices can ping unms server but i cannot add them in the unms server...all devices are in the same network behind pure bridges...only 2 devices which are behind a router can connect...very strange..plase help?

Hi @rkkolev

Have you followed the link above? You can then check to see if the MAC addresses of the devices are listed and what the status is. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1326
Solutions: 261

[ Edited ]

@GhislainNzinga @rkkolev Hello guys. I would like to encourage you to follow this guide on troubleshooting devices that fail to connect. As a first step definitely check if the device can directly see the UNSM server. Please if the guide fails to fix your situation, let us know what steps did you take and we will try to help you more.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 101

The above link doesn't seem to point to an active anchor in the document anymore. I didn't find anything there about how to drop a MAC from the database, but just deleting the existing device from UNMS will do the trick. If you repurposed a device that was already registered, reset it and build it as something completely different, I guess per above the fact that it's registering from the same MAC will prevent it from showing up as an unauthorized device. I still had the old router entry in UNMS, so deleted that, and then was able to add the "new" device back in. Exactly what this thread is recommending, just wanted to point out my way of doing it in case anyone else has trouble with the URL above. 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1326
Solutions: 261

@theshephard  Hello Stephen. Thank you for pointing out the link error. I edited my previous comment and fixed that link.

You are correct about the MAC address and the best way how to delete it from the UNMS database. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!