Highlighted
Kudos: 478
Solutions: 11

UNMS False outage how do I up the ping times?

UNMS keeps giving false outage reports

1: it will on random show 150 clients down that are acctually fine how do I up the timeout number?

2: if we run a discovery on Aicontrol2 all UNMS clients will show down but they are all fine.. what settings to I need to change to stop that?

Kudos: 55
Solutions: 9

Re: UNMS False outage how do I up the ping times?

I just tried changing the settings for stations to medium from low in settings->devices->device update frequency. Perhaps that will stop the false alarms.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 914
Solutions: 154

@900mhzdude  Hello Tim. Do I understand correctly that you are seeing on average 150 disconnected devices from different parts of your network? Are all devices popping in and out randomly, or are there some devices which are 'immune' to this? 

The first idea is that UNMS may be overloaded, can you please send me your UNMS logs so I can check that? You can also try to lower the device update frequency just as @clarkraymond did. Is there some network element with high latency between your devices and UNMS? The outage means that communication between a device and UNMS was interrupted and if there is a high latency element on the way that would explain your current situation. Again you can send me a device support info from a couple of currently disconnected devices and I will try to find out. Please, send those files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message. The last possible cause is a misbehaving NAT or DNS. If you have NAT on the way please check its rules. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 478
Solutions: 11

I upped the ping times to 120 seconds random diffrent CPEs still showing random disconnects

they go offline for 5 secounds then come back mybe 10 times a day then all is fine

but all CPE's work fine when I Login

Netowork is double nated but all NAT is by the UBNT CPE 172.x to WAN then LAN gives 10.x

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 914
Solutions: 154

@900mhzdude  Thank you for the info, Tim. Please wait until a device disconnects again and when it does send me its device support info and UNMS logs. Please, send those files to my email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com and include URL of this thread in the message.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!