Kudos: 38

UNMS IOS App (DISCOVER IN NETWORK)

Hello ,
I would like to explaine my problem with > UNMS IOS application , i was very satesfy with the version 2.3.0<<< i had access to all my devices throw DISCOVER IN NETWORK after this update i lost all my works with my devices coz the new version has no DISCOVER IN NETWORK. I tried to Redownload the old version 2.3.0 but unfortunately i could’nt . I have to travel all the time and i need it so urgently wish to help me in this issue with a link to download the version 2.3.0 or a link to arrange my devices throw it . as short as possible ..
I attached everything regarding the app. With photos .

image1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpegimage4.jpegimage5.jpegimage6.jpeg image1-2.jpeg

Re: UNMS IOS App (DISCOVER IN NETWORK)

Up 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 30
Solutions: 16

Hello @nawarkamal, thank you for feedback.

We've removed this functionality because it was not frequently used and it could be easily abused for scanning foreign networks. Our recommendation is to install UNMS Controller. There you can get quick remote access to all your devices even if you are not at the same LAN.
Kudos: 1

unfortunately I use this feature frequently when I am adding devices as my UNMS server is not on the same network (cloud instance effectively).  Is there a way to bring this back?  Or enable it somehow in the current software.

I realize the extra bandwidth I'm consuming but it's one less piece of hardware on customer premise.

Sean

Hello,

i install cloud UNMS Controller (

cloud digitalocean) 

But i have one stop i cant remote access to all my devices at the other LAN. How can i install my openvpn on that cloud??

thanks   

Nawar

Veteran Member
Kudos: 984
Solutions: 227

@nawarkamal

Regarding installation of openvpn on digital ocean you should ask in a OpenVPN forum or digital ocean support.
===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1314
Solutions: 257

@nawarkamal  Hello Nawar. If you are having issues with adding devices to UNMS which is running in the cloud, I would suggest this article about device discovery. If you allow PING and TCP packets to flow between the cloud and your devices you should be able to add them without issues. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

[ Edited ]

How can i make that ??  my device its on other network (without internet) but i can Access to that device by VPN .... so how can i solve my problem???

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 30
Solutions: 16

Hello @nawarkamal,

you don't need installed VPN to use UNMS cloud controller even if your devices are placed in private network ranges. The connection between the device and controller is initiated on device side, so the device must see the controller, the opposite direction is not necessary. In your case everything what you have to do is to upload UNMS key to every device you want to manage by the controller. (it can be done in device configuration)
Highlighted

I've already done this step with my NANO stations (client devices ) whic is having net throgh.

my Problem that i am facing now with my Transmitter Devices( Sectors with Rockets M5) ti have done the steps but the sectors doesnt apear in the UNMS controler Cloud why is this???? am i missing any step 

@UBNT-Ondrej wrote:
Hello @nawarkamal,

you don't need installed VPN to use UNMS cloud controller even if your devices are placed in private network ranges. The connection between the device and controller is initiated on device side, so the device must see the controller, the opposite direction is not necessary. In your case everything what you have to do is to upload UNMS key to every device you want to manage by the controller. (it can be done in device configuration)

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1314
Solutions: 257

@nawarkamal  Hello Nawar. If you are having issues with device connection, please go through this troubleshooting article. If you are still struggling to identify the cause of your issue we will need support files from both UNMS and affected devices in order to help you. Please, send it to the email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com, and include your forum name and URL of this thread in the message. In case the files are too big, please use a file sharing service such as Google Drive.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!