Kudos: 4
Solutions: 1

UNMS & other apps on same box

[ Edited ]

I currently have UNMS and Unifi Controller running on the same box (NUC i3) okay under Ubuntu Server 17.10. I am looking at transferring my install of PiHole from my RPi to the same box. Reason looking at shifting it is I am going to segregate my IoT devices using an Edgerouter X and the RPi also runs Home Assistant so am guessing I need to move it to the IoT network which won't have access to talk back to the home network.

I install PiHole okay, however it also utilises port 80. I amended UNMS to use http port 8181 (leaving https as is) so I can now access the admin interface of each. However, there are some instances where for some reason when browsing a website, it will redirect to the UNMS web interface. This is primarily when using the CashRewards plugin in Chrome. I have also tried amended the port for PiHole but that only amends for accessing the admin page.

I'm not sure if this would be the correct forum to seek assistance (perhaps it should be PiHole forum or elsewhere) to try and get an answer to the problem. Should I be able to get all applications to happily co-exist on the same box? Or am I better off looking at moving PiHole from the existing RPi onto another (for example) for when I complete the segregation of IoT devices from my home network?

Highlighted

Re: UNMS & other apps on same box

Think I have it sorted. Looks as though a redirect URL that gets used for some reason came back to the IP. I added the site to the whitelist in PiHole and now works as expected.

Hi, I found your post in my search for a solution. I want to have UNIFI and UNMS running on a Synology using two containers in Dicker. How did to deal with any IP conflicts, I mean they both uses 443 right. Sorry for my lack of knowledge.

>br. Niels - DK

[ Edited ]

Hi.

It's been a while since I've configured it and no longer use Pihole, but I have Unifi Controller and UNMS running successfully in the same VM (under Ubuntu).

If wanting to run both Unifi Controller and UNMS in separate Dockers on a Synology, I wouldn't expect there to be any issues as each Docker container would have it's own IP address and so you don't need to worry about conflicting ports.

If you run both on the same machine under the same IP address then you need to amend the ports on one of the installs. If using Docker this is done in the configuration of the container. You would map port 8443 to port 443 (for example). My Unifi Controller uses port 8443 rather than 443. So to access the web interface I go to 192.168.1.xxx:8443

Hope this helps.

Thanks.