Highlighted
Kudos: 1

UNMS causing some clients to become inaccessible

Hi,

We have two sites connected via VPN. We 'beta' tested UNMS at site one for six months before connecting site two. We had zero issues at site one once we got a common config in-place. We used those lessons to pre-configure our other site (site two).

We again 'beta' tested 3 radios and 3 switches at site two for a month before adding all the devices to UNMS. Everything seemed to work as planned.

We have a curious problem where some of the radios (no switches are affected,) report as offline. NanoStation M2, NanoStation M900 and NanoStation M5. Once we see 'disconnected' on UNMS, we cannot access these units via HTTP/HTTPS or SSH. They don't respond to ping and the only way we've found to restore connectivity is to power-cycle the units.

I've enabled the ping watch-dog, which works, and in doing so shows that the radio controller seems to be working. However, unplanned reboots should be a last resort, not a SOP.

I think it is UNMS as this behaviour only appeared once we enabled UNMS on these devices. I have captured the .sup logs if anyone from Ubiquiti would like to provide some insight?

Thanks.

G

Kudos: 81
Solutions: 22

Re: UNMS causing some clients to become inaccessible

Hi @GAblett
UBNT-Radek loves looking at UNMS support files :-)
Send those files to the email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com, and include your forum name and URL of this thread in the message.
Kudos: 1

Files sent. Let's see what can be discovered.

G

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1097
Solutions: 203

@GAblett  Hello Gordon. I received your files and I will forward them to developers right away. Thank you for helping us make UNMS better. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!