UNMS is starting after upgrading from 0.13.1 to 0.13.2

I am running Ubuntu 18.10. When I upgraded my server from 0.13.1 to 0.13.2 I have the dreaded "UNMS is starting, this should not take more than a minute."
Ive found several people on these forums recommend these commands, which I have run but did not fix my issue

sudo ~unms/app/unms-cli fix-redis-aof

sudo ~unms/app/unms-cli rewrite-redis-aof

I attempted a reinstall of UNMS but that did not solve it either. I then took a backup of my data, created a new server and installed UNMS 0.13.2. The base install works, I can log in but of course, none of my data is there. When I restore my data, I get the same issue. I suppose my database is corrupt but I don’t know how to go about fixing it so I’m looking for some help. I have around 50 devices. I will be happy to share logs if anyone wants to have a look at them.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1246
Solutions: 245

Re: UNMS is starting after upgrading from 0.13.1 to 0.13.2

@peschultz   Hello Peter. I believe you assessed the situation correctly, it really looks like a corrupted database. We will gladly check your logs and try to find some way to help. Please, send those files to the email radek.skrivan(at)ubnt.com, and include your forum name and URL of this thread in the message. In case the files are too big, please use a file sharing service such as Google Drive.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

[ Edited ]

I am also experiencing this issue on a fresh installation of 0.13.2

I also experience this with 0.13.3-rc.1

Logs are attached.

EDIT: log files removed for security reasons

Ubiquiti Employee

@razbarrie   Hello Ryan. Thank you for the logs. Please note that it is more secure to send those through a more private channel like an email.  I will now forward the data to the developers for analysis. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Employee

@razbarrie  Hello Ryan. Thank you very much for your report. We found a bug in UNMS and we will fix it with 0.13.3 release. This issue is connected with the automatic FW download which happens when the UNMS server starts and some FW is missing. The download process is now not working under certain conditions and that is preventing UNMS from launching successfully. After the fix, UNMS will be able to launch regardless of the status of the automatic FW download process, so you will be able to access UNMS GUI. That being said the FW download issue will be still active and we need your help to solve it. Is your UNMS placed behind some proxy, please? Are you aware of anything similar that can influence connection from UNMS server to the Internet? This issue is most likely caused by a situation where UNMS server cannot access the Internet directly or even not at all. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png