Highlighted
Kudos: 140
Solutions: 23

UNMS maps not helpful, especially on mobile

We're in the field today dealing with hurricane outages and are very frustrated with UNMS.  

The UNMS app is useless to us for tracking down where our problems are on a physical map.

The UNMS web client is not much better.

The maps aren't very helpful at all - we need to see all of the radios, switches, and routers, not just icons with numbers on them.  They need lines between them so we can visualize the connections like the airControl desktop client.

And these sites don't work very well on smartphones.

UNMS is letting us down during an emergency.

And the airControl web client on a smartphone is even worse. 

Man Sad

20181011_103738.png20181011_103851.png

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 971
Solutions: 165

Re: UNMS maps not helpful, especially on mobile

@JWW  Hello James. We are sorry that UNMS controller and UNMS mobile app were not much of a help in your current situation. We understand that you need a mobile solution that will help you effectively localize sources of network issues. I can assure you we will do our best to improve this functionality in the future releases. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 140
Solutions: 23

Re: UNMS maps not helpful, especially on mobile

Thanks @UBNT-Radek.   We're just hoping to get our message across - we've put a lot of time into switching to UNMS/UCRM and really don't want to be left hanging like with airControl and U-Installer.

Please do not respond to my threads if you're going to be rude or condescending. We're all learning here... Icon Razz

From the forum rules:
* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts.