UNMS remote mgmt, no CloudKey product, DIY solution?

I manage half a dozen unifi networks through a cloud key on each network and all Unifi hardware. However, I also manage one location with EdgeRouter and EdgeSwitch and all th switches and access points behind those two are Unifi, so I manage them with a CloudKey. It’s easy as pie. But throw in UNMS and all of a sudden it’s complicated. In order to manage my two edge devices I’d need a dedicated PC running Linux. All the Raspberry Pi-like computers I can find run ARM processors and that’s tricky with UNMS - from experience and from research. So what’s up with UNMS? There’s no CloudKey equivalent ready to be used. Or is there and I just don’t know about it? When I’m onsite, I run Ubuntui in a virtual machine on my laptop, then I use my iPad to connect to the UNMS server. This isn’t the ease of use I’ve come to expect from Ubiquiti, given that my first forays with Ubiquit have been all Unifi and made network management extremely easy. Thanks.

Kudos: 73
Solutions: 3

Re: UNMS remote mgmt, no CloudKey product, DIY solution?

Just use a cheap VM.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

[ Edited ]

@racecannon Hello. There is a big thread and also an install guide made by UNMS enthusiasts about installing UNMS on Raspberry. You can check it out. As for the dedicated Cloudkey like device for UNMS, I have to say that we are considering it, but it won't be available in the near future for sure. We are also working on a cloud UNMS installation which may be more user-friendly for you. Currently, it is necessary to have a third party cloud service or your own UNMS server or a Virtual machine on a personal computer in order to run UNMS. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 542
Solutions: 60

[ Edited ]
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1151
Solutions: 211

@MajoV Thank you, Majo. I edited my comment to show correct URL and added the GitHub link you provided. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Emerging Member
Kudos: 15
Solutions: 1

Emerging Member
Kudos: 134

@skytom I'm not able to see that post. Is it protected in some way? 

Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 15

Hi @madsci1016 - In order to see the post, you need to have your account signed up for the "Early Access Program".  Go to "Account" under your username, then "Early Access Program" and Yes!