Kudos: 81
Solutions: 5
Accepted Solution

Will this include the CRM at some point?

I guess im at a loss on this one. after checkign out the software section im pretty impressed with UNMS and the CRM respectively though what i dont understand is why they arent part of the same product. Im putting a WISP together on paper to check on feasibility and considering niether software has a dedicated page with a ton of information about both products, i cant see if there is a way to link the software. i would imagine there is or you wouldnt be able to suspend service? Either way it seems like including the CRM in UNMS would make sense in WISP situations and adding the same devices in 2 places seems  like a cumbersome approach if its even possible at all? i guess im just looking for someone to clarify this disconnect and let me know if there will eventually be a CRM in UNMS. Thanks.

Network Technician, Linux Junkie, Ubiquiti Installer, Proud UBNT Shareholder

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1322
Solutions: 260

Re: Will this include the CRM at some point?

[ Edited ]

@webnetvn  Hello JL. I can confirm that UNMS and UCRM will be integrated into one product in the near future Man Happy.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee

[ Edited ]

@webnetvn  Hello JL. I can confirm that UNMS and UCRM will be integrated into one product in the near future Man Happy.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Awesome thanks! I'll be on the lookout for it!

Will we be able to import the UNMS data into the UCRM once they are on the same platform?

Ubiquiti Employee

@lburton  Good question, Arnold. The integration will be so tight that no data import will be necessary. Both programs will share all the data automatically. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

[ Edited ]

is there a time table on this? Building out a brand new WISP within the next month or 2 any chance this is in the works? I'd love to test out any alphas / betas you might have. also will the unms become part of the crm or will the crm become part of unms OR is it an integration module that connects 2 docker containers or 2 installations? Looking forward to your reply! Man Happy

Veteran Member
Kudos: 989
Solutions: 229

[ Edited ]

@webnetvn

Any new beta of UNMS will be released in this forum.

afaik they will launch first beta with UCRM integration during summer.

Regarding integration of UCRM in UNMS check roadmap:
unms.com

===================================================
We all work for KUDOs here.
Thx
Ubiquiti Employee

@webnetvn  I am sorry, JL. We need to do a lot of preparations and build some features to be able to support UCRM integration. Two months will not be sufficient for that. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Employee

@webnetvn  Hi JL. I have some additional info. We will offer a script that will install both UCRM and UNMS in one go. Both applications will remain in Docker containers you will just have more of them. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-Radek

Cool.  2 questions though, well we be able to use standard ports for each? I currently have them running in 2 different droplets to avoid having to have people go to some obscure port. That being remedied? And if not will there be a way to connect instances running on separate installations or will it require the combo install to work properly.

And secondly, will we be able to easily import existing data? If I'm going to install the new system I'd likely do it in a new higher spec droplet on DO. A data migration tool would be nifty to take data from both systems and do with it what needs to be done.

Looking forward to this though because I've had some rather extensive issues getting ucrm to see the aircubes or nanostation that I'm using as CPE. Since the droplet isn't on the same network as the wisp site and routing traffic thru a VPN to the droplet just isn't feasible, there doesn't seem to be a way to enforce walled garden as of now...I've linked to cloud unifi controllers for clients using set-inform but I imagine that's how unms works to control the devices so I imagine I would get one or the other but not both. As of now unms sees the aircube without issues so having that integration would hopefully solve that problem as well. (Planning on making a specific post about this if I can't solve it tonight on well so keep your eyes peeled for that if you know of a better work around)

Ubiquiti Employee

@webnetvn  Hello JL. There will be two equal possibilities, either running UCRM and UNMS separately on two different servers or together on a single machine. In both cases, our goal is to provide maximal ease of use, therefore we will make sure that the port issue is handled internally even when both applications run on the same system. We will design the integration so that people will not be forced to access it in an awkward way. 

As for data import, we will try to integrate data automatically whenever possible. If you created a detailed client/site structure in UNMS there is a high chance that we will be able to automatically match most of the data from UCRM. We are expecting that some users may need to undergo a one-time procedure of manually pairing some data structures between both applications, but we will do our best to minimalize that. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 57
Solutions: 4

[ Edited ]

Any updates on the topic?

Got UNMS running on Ubuntu in AWS Cloud and today (at last!) the business is ready to implement Billing.

50+ clients = not that much for a manual migration.

What are my options up to date?

Should I drop UNMS and migrate data manually to UCRM? Should I then keep UNMS running for some reason?

CCNP __________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________"Thanks" button: V
Veteran Member
Kudos: 878
Solutions: 27

UNMS keeps backups of config files so if a radio is hit in a storm and you need to replace it you can upload the old config file super easy

and that is just 1 of many to keep UNMS the only thing is you really want UNMS to be on your local network 

UNMS can also control an AirCube router behind a CPE

Veteran Member
Kudos: 2787
Solutions: 39

Can't wait for the integration.  I'm doing a lot of duplication right now putting subs into ucrm and unms.

as @900mhzdude says, unms can control aircubes nicely, including configuring WiFi and diagnosing signal issues on WiFi clients as well has identify heavy use devices etc. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@i3laze  Hello. In the next major release 0.14.0, we will focus mainly on the necessary changes to enable the integration process. After 0.14.0 is successfully released I should be able to give you more accurate info about the integration time window.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Kudos: 1

Hello,

Is there any update on this as we are very interested in this indeed. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@waring192  Hello James. I am happy to see that you are enthusiastic about the upcoming integration. Unfortunately, I cannot give you any specific ETA for the 0.14.0. I can tell that we are working on it very hard and many of the planned features are already done and tested. Each day we are getting closer to first alpha release so I would suggest you keep an eye on our Alpha forum

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Highlighted
Kudos: 1

Thank you for the update Man Happy