Kudos: 25

amplifi?

Any status on amplifi with unms? Was told Q4 of last year previously.

Kudos: 6
Solutions: 2

Re: amplifi?

Would be good to see this. Particularly with devices like the Teleport and Instant boxes.
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1319
Solutions: 259

@mlagoe  @LineNoise   Hello guys. Thank you for your enthusiasm about the great AmpliFi line. Unfortunately, our previous estimation that we will introduce support of this line in Q4 2018 was too optimistic. During the time several other priorities (like UCRM integration) appeared and we had to make difficult decisions about which features need to be postponed. AmpliFi was one of them. I can positively confirm that we are still planning to support this line in some way, but several other features need to be finished before we have free resources to progress. I cannot give you any ETA at this moment, but I can say that ApliFi support will not be included in 0.14.0 for sure. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Highlighted

So im reading this and it sounds a lot like a Patrick Rothfuss answer for the doors of stone. "

but I can say that ApliFi support will not be included in 0.14.0 for sure. " is this a typo? Not included in 14 for sure?? 

Mike West

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 1319
Solutions: 259

@e-tek  Hello Mike. I can confirm that support for AmpliFi will not be included in the release 0.14.0, no typo there. 
As you noticed I am somehow vague when describing when this feature will be added to UNMS. I am doing that because it is extremely difficult and uncertain to estimate how long is that going to take, especially when a completely new device is concerned. In such a case, it is necessary to coordinate priorities and release cycles of several teams. In the past, we were trying to make some estimations with limited success so, we decided it is better to only state facts we are certain of, which means that we only publish release times of those features that are already finished, not released, or being worked on right now.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

Kudos: 5

People have been buying these for years with the hopes, or promises, of them being introduced to UNMS only to be told there are more important things. We've spent 10's of thousands of dollars on these and yet are still told they are a low priority. That's why we buy these, because of this promise. When Q4 2018 came and went I would have expected some urgency to provide it in the near future and instead we get the run around answer of "it's harder than we thought and those estimates were regretted". Yay. 

Kudos: 58
Solutions: 2

@hungryhippo roadmaps should never be a basis for a business model, and do not serve as a promise. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth. 

That being said, there is nothing wrong with stressing the importance of this feature for your network, and hopefully ubnt will listen. It's no secret that UCRM interfration is top priority, but hopefully they will be able to bump unms support for amplifi to a close second Man Wink

Veteran Member
Kudos: 872
Solutions: 26

when you do get AmpliFi added to UNMS please make it possible to shut off 5ghz and control the channels

the AmpliFi team refuses to see the extream importance of the ability to have full control over what the 5ghz is doing

Kudos: 4

Again, it seems ubiquiti's priorities are a little out of order.

Does it not make sense to have a single platform with which all things (or at least the newest) are able to talk, before deploying a customer management software that needs to talk to everything?  This looks like another cart before the horse situation.

It seems to me that one of the top priorities to make UCRM attractive and useful would be an effective means to keep track of everything.