Highlighted

unms authorize ...!!!

I would like information regarding the mass authorization of equipment in the UNMS authorization procedure one at a time and very slow,  Smiley Sad

Kudos: 476
Solutions: 55

Re: unms authorize ...!!!

Hi @parangaba

Welcome to the UBNT Community!

Mass authorization is not possible now in the UNMS.

Some answers to your question can be found here.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UNMS-Feature-Requests/Multiple-device-Authorize/idi-p/2236255

Majo

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 964
Solutions: 163

@parangaba  Hello Mauriio. Just as @MajoV commented, you can authorize devices in bulk with the import feature. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png
UNMS Support - If you want to report an issue please use this guide.

Check out our ever-evolving Help Center for answers to many common questions!

SuperUser
Kudos: 5247
Solutions: 78

@UBNT-Radek - how do you authorize in bulk? Why is there not an "authorize all"?

What is "Authorize"? I already connected them with credentials.
Ubiquiti Employee

@mhoppes  Hello Matt.

What is "Authorize"?
This is a final step in the device adoption process. This action will connect a device with one of your sites or clients.

Why is there not an "authorize all"?

It is very rare to have all devices in the exact same physical location and if they are in different places each should have its own site/client. In that case, UNMS needs to know which device belongs to which site/client and it has to be individually decided by the user. 

How do you authorize in bulk?

You can use the import feature.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

SuperUser

Why is this at all necessary?  I can see needing to authorize an AP to a location. But CPE devices can be seen which AP they attach to. 

Im not going to make a location in UNMS for every one of my customers. That just doesn’t make sense. 

This doesnt scale well. Go look at how AC2 and AC1 worked. 

Things were grouped by SSID or access point. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@mhoppes Hello Matt. 

Im not going to make a location in UNMS for every one of my customers. That just doesn’t make sense. 

You are by no means forced to do that. It just depends on which UNMS features you are intending to use. For example, in the near future, if you have a client set up for each device, you can insert an address, GPS coordinates and height to allow your technicians find that device easily with the help of UNMS mobile app. Having all clients setup will allow displaying both network topology and satellite map. 

site.png

Another benefit would be the upcoming Client Dashboard
client.png

Lastly, the client structure will be paramount for UCRM integration as well since clients will be paired with UCRM services. A service can be provided for several devices and it is necessary to encapsulate those devices somehow. In the case of UNMS, this is done using sites and clients. On the other hand, we are planning to allow non-ISP users to turn off the clients completely since that structure is not useful for them.

This doesnt scale well. Go look at how AC2 and AC1 worked. 
Unfortunately, this would not work as the UNMS had been planned for a more complex situation. It is possible that one client will have not only CPE devices but also a router or airCube. UNMS is not focused solely on wireless devices but GPON ones as well so a client may, for example, be a single ONU.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

SuperUser

@UBNT-Radek - If I'm not forced to do that how do I add devices in so they are monitored? I just want them on the list being monitored.. I don't need them showing up on a map.
Ubiquiti Employee

@mhoppes Hello Matt. In that case, you can simply create a single site and authorize all devices there. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

SuperUser

@UBNT-Radek - that is an option - I can create a site called "Customers", however, do I actually need to go through and click 1,000 devices to add them to this site? Or is there a way to mass add them to that site?
Kudos: 520
Solutions: 13

the way you want it set up is 

Site = "Tower Site Name"

Auth each Client connected to that tower to that "Site"

This will allow you to quickly see what tower site is down if any storm hits you or have an outage 

then you can auth routers such as AirCubes to Clients under that "Site"

So would be "Tower Site" -----) "CPE Client" -----) "Client Router/Devices"

Yes right now you are forced to auth 1 at a time so Highly suggest doing it this way as I did all to one site at first and was a nightmare

it's extremely worth it though lots of cool things

also, don't add more than 400 devices until 0.13.0 comes out as that's about its max as it can only use 1 CPU core right now

SuperUser

Oh lovely..... So We Have:

airControl1
airControl2
UControl
UNMS

4 generations and we don't have a stable monitoring and control platform -- do you see a problem here?
Kudos: 520
Solutions: 13

UNMS is 1 version away from stable and 12.2 is already way ahead of PRTG, the Dude and CNPilot

So I'm not really seeing the issue with UNMS other then its not connected to UCRM yet creating a huge pain with port 443

SuperUser

[ Edited ]

It's always one version away from stable..... with so many products.

Does it (I don't know):
* Support connecting devices that use standard port numbers (e.g. SSH on 28 and HTTPS on 449?)
* Support the ability to try several passwords on devices (for when you use several different passwords for APs vs CPEs)
* Support the ability to monitor 1,000+ devices at a time

You Currently:
* Get locked out if LetsEncrypt goes down, because your browser won't let you access the system with a self-signed cert at that point.

Ubiquiti Employee

@mhoppes  Hello Matt. 

do I actually need to go through and click 1,000 devices to add them to this site?

You can use the imports feature to authenticate devices in bulk. We understand that adding a large number of devices is a daunting task right now and we will improve this aspect of UNMS in the future. 

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png

Ubiquiti Employee

@mhoppes Hello Matt. 

Support connecting devices that use standard port numbers (e.g. SSH on 28 and HTTPS on 449?)

Regarding monitoring of devices, it is important to note that devices are connecting to the UNMS so from this point it is even possible to turn off both SSH and HTTPS. As for the Device discovery tool, you can customize both the SSH and port with any value you need. 

Support the ability to try several passwords on devices (for when you use several different passwords for APs vs CPEs)

Right now this is not possible, we will investigate a possible way how to add this feature in the future though. 

Support the ability to monitor 1,000+ devices at a time

Version 0.13.0 supports this. 

Get locked out if LetsEncrypt goes down because your browser won't let you access the system with a self-signed cert at that point.

Yes, this is a bug on our side. We already prepared a fix which should be available with 0.13.0-Alpha.2. If this happens it is possible to work with the certificate through CLI.

UBNT_Alternate_Logo.png