Ability to suppress alerts

Submitted by -

It would be nice to suppress alerts that are in the process of being resolved. e.g.(When a client is having internet connectivity issues with their ISP).

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎01-09-2019 02:32 AM

@bod_  Hello Nathan. We are planning a new alert system and this is one of the intended features. For now, you can set a device to maintenance mode to avoid having alerts from it. 

by
on ‎01-22-2019 01:01 PM

@UBNT-Radek

I don't know what new alert system changes you are planning, but I have read in other posts about some of the changes. I would like to also be able to notify my customers via text message from their information in UCRM.

So if the topology knows there is an outage of the customer be able to auto notify them of:

"Upstream Internet Problem" (if the primary router they connected via (in my chain of radios and routers). 

"Company xxx failure" (we are aware and working on the problem)

"Your (client) equipment (CPE,Router,Etc.) is not communicating"

Only ONE notification until we "clear" the site/problem and then notify all customers that "systems restored"

This AM I spent 20% of the time to correct a DNS/UNMS/Firmare bug that caused lockup of many devices notifying and responding to customers at 4am.

I have email notifications, but that does no good when they can't read/get to the email.

Mark

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎01-25-2019 04:24 AM

@mcheavens   Hello Mark. Since this is about alerting customers please note it is more related to UCRM than UNMS. I contacted UCRM team leader and he told me that a possibility of sending customized text messages should be implemented into UCRM in a near future.