Auto-Provisioning Support

Submitted by -

We would like the ability to have UNMS managed equipment automatically out of the box point to the UNMS server. This can be something like a DHCP option or a DNS entry -- similar to Unifi Controller operation for access points.

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎01-28-2017 01:58 PM
Status changed to: Investigating

We are working on Discovery manager in UNMS and we will add it to UMobile too. It will simply find your devices and after you provide its credentials it will connect them to UNMS.

by
on ‎06-19-2017 08:53 AM

Neither of those are what @Joyn seems to want.

I too want auto provisioning. 

Option 1: DNS queries for "UNMS"  It then enters a pending status in UNMS until adopted (see UniFi)

Option 2: An entry in the webUI and backup configuration for the UNMS url.

Option 2a: If this was implimented, every device we provision in the office would be ready to connect to UNMS as soon as it rolls out the door.

by
on ‎06-21-2017 05:45 AM

Exactly what I was thinking JimBouse.

by
on ‎06-21-2017 04:45 PM
@JimBouse has it. I don't want to use a discovery manager, then I have to worry about what firewall ports are blocked etc. I want the device to reach out just like when I enter the address in the webui, I just want it to do it on it's own.
by
on ‎12-01-2017 09:48 AM

@UBNT-Jindrich Are there any updates or additional research into this?

by
on ‎02-20-2018 09:26 AM

That option would be great. There is a similar to VoIP phones. Snom and Grandstream phones. 

You go to their site. Provide the mac address and provide your service details, then when you plug it into the internet it will go to a provisioning server first to see if it needs any new information, if so provide the info then reboot. If no info found boot as normal.

by
on ‎05-02-2018 09:25 AM

+1 This would be really awesome!

by
on ‎08-09-2018 09:59 AM

How about having the devices having a preset inform url like the unifi equipment, then we can change our internal dns to point to the UNMS server and provision

by
on ‎09-21-2018 02:50 AM

@JimBouse nails it ... DNS/DHCP Option FTW.

This is however a AirOS specific request, not so much a UNMS implement, since UNMS would work with this implement as is.

Paging @UBNT-Radek / @UBNT-Edmundas for a comment.

/Paetur

by
on ‎09-27-2018 06:53 AM

Any news here? This is the 5th highest kudoed feature request for UNMS.