Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Extensive CPU usage?

I just connected my first device (EdgePoint R6) to UNMS 0.9.0. In the test environment where nothing is actually happening it usually shows 0-1% CPU, but since then it steady 5%. Isnt that a bit too much?

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 341
Solutions: 70

Re: Extensive CPU usage?

[ Edited ]

@pinIT Hi, thank you for reporting it. I checked EdgePoint R6 locally and when device is connected to UNMS I can see CPU usage around 0 - 1% (FW 1.9.7, it could be higher with 1.9.1.1-unms). Did you see 5% when you had opened UNMS on this device detail? Because when you for example check routes, DHCP, interfaces then UNMS is refreshing configuration and other information from your device and usage could be higher. When you don't have open it then UNMS is receiving only statistics events. You can login to your device and check usage of process udapi-bridge (UNMS connector) with:

ps -aux | grep udapi-bridge

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 341
Solutions: 70

Re: Extensive CPU usage?

[ Edited ]

@pinIT Hi, thank you for reporting it. I checked EdgePoint R6 locally and when device is connected to UNMS I can see CPU usage around 0 - 1% (FW 1.9.7, it could be higher with 1.9.1.1-unms). Did you see 5% when you had opened UNMS on this device detail? Because when you for example check routes, DHCP, interfaces then UNMS is refreshing configuration and other information from your device and usage could be higher. When you don't have open it then UNMS is receiving only statistics events. You can login to your device and check usage of process udapi-bridge (UNMS connector) with:

ps -aux | grep udapi-bridge