Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 43
Solutions: 10
Accepted Solution

How to restore to different device?

I can't find any documentation in regards to restoring a backup from UNMS to a different device.

For instance,

Router A in UNMS fails.

Router B is its replacement.

How do I restore the Router A config to Router B?

Another sticky wicket is that you can't just restore a UNMS backup to an EdgeRouter via the GUI (I've tried). I ended up having to just extract the config.boot and upload it.

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 64
Solutions: 26

Re: How to restore to different device?

@chewychewbacca

UNMS currently cannot restore a backup to a different compatible device. We will likely implement this in the future versions.

It should be possible to use the device's GUI to restore a backup created using UNMS, but it currently doesn't work on EdgeRouters due to a bug. This should be fixed in the next release.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 64
Solutions: 26

Re: How to restore to different device?

@chewychewbacca

UNMS currently cannot restore a backup to a different compatible device. We will likely implement this in the future versions.

It should be possible to use the device's GUI to restore a backup created using UNMS, but it currently doesn't work on EdgeRouters due to a bug. This should be fixed in the next release.