Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Emerging Member
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 2

Lost config will I be able to re add device without loosing backups?

[ Edited ]

I'm pretty sure this isn't possible now, but I'm wondering if anyone is considering this? @UBNT-Jindrich @UBNT-Jaro

I lost config.boot on my OLT hence my connection to UNMS is gone, I would like to re add the device without completly erasing it and adding it all over again, why is pretty clear, I don't want to loose the backups, will there be a way to do this?

Edit:

Never mind, I answered my own question, I deleted, readded, some of the older backups are there not all but the last two are, interesting, any insight into why just the last two?

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 188
Solutions: 52

Re: Lost config will I be able to re add device without loosing backups?

@techstx Hi, it's possible :-) Just click to add device button in UNMS, copy UNMS key and use it in your OLT UI (System -> UNMS connection -> UNMS key). Then you should see small triangular alert with exclamation mark next to your device in UNMS. This icon indicates that this devices is trying connect to UNMS with wrong (in this case universal) AES key. It should connect back when you click refresh button which will reset allocated AES key and generate new one.

> some of the older backups are there not all but the last two are, interesting, any insight into why just the last two?

There are three rules for UNMS device backups:

• UNMS stores only unique backups
  • UNMS removes backups older than one month
  • UNMS preserves at least two backups per device (we will increase it to 5)
Emerging Member
Kudos: 8
Solutions: 2

Good, @UBNT-Jindrich thanks for the insight but:

• unique, meaning only if there was a change from the previous one?
  • this should be configurable
  • this too

Great job on exposing the backups in the API, now we can get some proper intergration with the standard config versioning systems, RANCID / oxydized, now I don't supose you have that on the roadmap do you? Man Happy

That would make the last two bullet points rahter useless for larger deployments. 

And yes, I know I could backup the /home/unms/data/config-backups but that's not what I'm loooking for here.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 188
Solutions: 52

> nique, meaning only if there was a change from the previous one?

Yes

> this should be configurable

> this too

Good idea, we will add it to UNMS configuration.

> RANCID / oxydized, now I don't supose you have that on the roadmap do you?

Not yet but feel free to create a feature request. Maybe it will be important for others. Thank you for pointing to it.