Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 39
Solutions: 5
Accepted Solution

Third party ONU/ONT management?

I've got no ideea if this sounds strage or otherwise, but are there any plans of integrating some form of remote management for third party ONU/ONT's sometimes down the roadmap? I'm thinking along the lines of TR-069, it's widley used by the larger optical vendors out there. @eejimm I know you have a feature request for tr-069 in the ufiber section, any thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 14

Re: Third party ONU/ONT management?

Hello we have that, on our TODO list but UNMS has higher priority and is the prefered way how to control UFiber GPON solution

View solution in original post

All Replies
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 14

Hello we have that, on our TODO list but UNMS has higher priority and is the prefered way how to control UFiber GPON solution
Kudos: 39
Solutions: 5

That's good news, I asked because I didn't find anything about third party stuff on the road map.

Great product, keep it up it's gonna be disruptive.

Kudos: 4

They need to implement it the same way most docsis systems work.  TFTP to the onu with the config, approval via mac address/ip allocation.  Then it's easy to write.  Most of the other OLT's on the market perform this way