Established Member
Kudos: 583
Solutions: 6

Re: Any WISPs in Las Vegas?

amishgenius wrote:

I don't think it was the equipment. There were parameters that seemd slanted. They didn't do bi-directional test, and only 2 of the devices fit the 80+ category, which was not disclosed.

What parameters seemed slanted?

They did do bidirectional tests.

I'm not sure I get your second point. 

SuperUser
Kudos: 3125
Solutions: 126

mhammett wrote:

amishgenius wrote:

I don't think it was the equipment. There were parameters that seemd slanted. They didn't do bi-directional test, and only 2 of the devices fit the 80+ category, which was not disclosed.

What parameters seemed slanted?

They did do bidirectional tests.

I'm not sure I get your second point. 

No, they did the tests in only a single direction at a time and added the two together to come up with aggregate.

For the second point, I don't recall exactly what all the devices were off top of my head. But only the mimosa and ligowave devices are capable of doing channels wider than 80 mhz. And the ligo only goes to 85 mhz, mimosa goes 180 mhz...so guess who wins that category.

Deleted Account

We had offered (and offer is still open Icon Wink) to help sponsor (equipment, etc) an unbiased outdoor backhaul test in real-world environments with real-world traffic. We had specifically asked to not be included this year (for a few reasons), and didn't know they had actually tested our equipment without us being involved until the results came out...

Hope nobody thinks we really "backed out" Man Wink

Kudos: 66

You don't even need roof access. We just need a couple of delegates who can get rooms on the 48-49 floor, and the equipment can be set up in the room, pointing out of the window. The windows are made of glass, so it should work Man Happy