Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted
Kudos: 1

AP-Repeater is Not Functioning

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I got this NSM2 and PowerbeamM5 from the same supplier, I encounter a problem that the ap repeater function is not responding even after configured and applied.

Anyone out the facing this issue?

Am I getting a fake unit?

IMG20171012142254.jpg
IMG20171012142305.jpg
IMG_20171012_173507.jpg
IMG_20171012_173520.jpg
SuperUser
Kudos: 4331
Solutions: 1536

Re: AP-Repeater is Not Functioning

It's not clear to me, but are you trying to AP-Repeat between an M5 radio and an M2 radio? That won't work - they need to be on the same band/channel to repeat each other.
Hi, I'm @flipper, member of the Ubiquiti Community, and I am Not a Bot

hi flipper. thanks for your prompt response. sorry for getting you guys confuse. I am showing a screenshot for 2 difference devices, they are not to be paired together.

what I want to tell is both device which I got from same supplier the ap-repeater is mulfunction, as u can see in the wireless tab, I have configured as ap-repeater, after I click change and apply, the configured ap-repeater is mulfunction as you can see in main tab, it is showing access point wds instead of ap-repeater.
SuperUser
Kudos: 4331
Solutions: 1536

After you click Change and Apply on the Wireless tab settings, does it come back on that page as AP-WDS or AP-Repeater? Is the Peer MAC field still populated?
Hi, I'm @flipper, member of the Ubiquiti Community, and I am Not a Bot

flipper:
yes it it showing ap-wds even after configured ap-repeater change and apply.

I tried upgraded the firmware from current v6.0.6(XW) to v6.1.1 (XW) and managed to get the ap-repeater function working, however it is working differently from past firmware.

What I encountered ap-repeater function on v6.1.1 (XW) is the SSID must be the same with the other AP-REPEATER you want to paired. If you changed the ssid name at either one pair it will stop link.

Past firmware, I successfully configured hudreds of AP-REPEATER with difference ssid and work like a charm.

Is UBNT aware of this or purposely do this to push their unifi mesh series? or this is a bugs which need to be fixed?