Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Highlighted

Dual Wan router recommendation and configuration

Hey guys,
First time time poster here and hopefully soon to be owner of an ubiquiti router.

So my issue is I have cable connection at home that has a terrible upload speed of <3mbps but a great download of 120mbps.

So I want to aggregate my cable and 4g connection I have (which gives me 40/40 mbps) so I can stream to twitch better.

I currently have a bridged cable modem/router into a router with no aggregation or dual wan capabilities and have been suggested to added a ubiquiti router to the mix to solve my issue and save me replacing my entire router. But if its better to replace it then I will do that but thought I would explore this avenue first.

Firstly I'm not sure which model I would need, there are two I think that fit the bill which are the EdgeRouter Lite or the EdgeRouter x so that's my first issue.

The second is I posted on reddit and have been advised that it's possible to have weighted load balanced configured on a device, as I want all the downloading to come from my cable connection and all my upload to the 4g device.

I was given this link for the load balancing
https://help.ubnt.com/hc/en-us/articles/205145990-EdgeRouter-Dual-WAN-Load-Balance-Feature

But was also told I should post here as I "might have to use the sticky feature to deal with NAT properly"

So any advice on all of this would be greatly appreciated as it's something I have never had any experience with before.

Thanks
Established Member
Kudos: 542
Solutions: 6

Re: Dual Wan router recommendation and configuration