Kudos: 20
Solutions: 1

Dimmer controlling two led lights issue.

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-Yen I have 2 Led lights and dimmer (all POE) running on a UniFi 16/150W switch. I have the dimmer set to control both lights and all works fine. All three are running the latest released firmware (no beta) and the app is running the latest as well. Additionally, these are stand alone (No led controller server).  All three on same network. 

However, the next day, one of the led lights doesn’t turn on via the dimmer or the dimmer in the app (Only one works and the other doesn’ t- same one each time). I can however control just the light itself from the app.  I go into the dimmer on the app and deselect/select the non controllable light and now it all works correctly again until the next day then same thing happens again.

Any ideas?

117823DA-76FC-4918-AAF8-C2E64BDA85BF.png
Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 963
Solutions: 16

Re: Dimmer controlling two led lights issue.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 68
Solutions: 6

@Makirk

There was a bug found in UDIM-AT v1051b, which was a beta release and noticed in the beta forum.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-EoT-Beta/Update-UniFi-LED-Controller-Beta-1-4-1/m-p/2594490/high...

We fixed it and will have another release.

Before the new version is announced, could you downgrade it back to v849b with the following command?

ssh ubnt@DEVICE_IP “nohup syswrapper.sh upgrade https://bit.ly/2SETCBz”

Replace DEVICE_IP w/ your dimmer’s IP, and the password is “ubnt”

Thanks for the feedback.

@UBNT-steve I won’t be able to revert back for a week or so. It’s not in a critical location so waiting for the update may also be an option.
Ubiquiti Employee

@Makirk 

We released v1209b for UDIM this week. Could you upgrade your UDIM to see if the issue is still there?

UBNT-steve

See attached at what versions my devices are on now (Snapshot taken just now).  Note I’ve not tried to update them manually or otherwise but only updated when the app said there is an update.

The original dimmer updated a week or so ago to 1209b and the second dimmer and 2nd set of led lights (3&4) were added to the system this past Monday and came up with the versions it shows. 

To to answer your question, since our exchange, the original dimmer and lights have only glitched one more time a day or two after our exchange so no issues for the past few weeks.

Why are all the devices not running the same firmware respectively, app says all devices are up to date. 

Thanks. Mike

122C8E01-143C-448E-AA99-40FE0507D55E.png
Highlighted
Ubiquiti Employee

The v1209b is an RC version for beta testers.

We'll release a stable one after no issue found by testers.

The version number of ULED/UDIM will be all the same that time.

PS. the postfix of version number "b" means beta, and "r" is the stable release.

[ Edited ]

@UBNT-steve

Thanks for the reply  As I did not buy this hardware under the beta term and have not manually requested or manually installed a beta version, why did it prompt me to do so a week or so ago?  If it was pushed, then why is the new dimmer not showing the same beta available?

Why are two of the four LED lights showing a different R release newer but not prompting me to update the others to the same version?

To be clear, I have not downloaded or manually tried to be on any release but the public ones (no beta or Stable release - unless R is the public one) in chich case I’d expect all to be at the same version. 

Additionally, do you know when the dimmer ring “breathing” will be addressed? I know you can turn it off completely. However, I need it on but at a set lumination so it can be seen in the dark. 

And last, re: the dimmer, I think it’s been asked already to have a mode that lets you set the dimmer light control at a particular level then let the switch only function as an on and off switch thus negating someone from adjusting the brightness. Hope that makes sense. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@Makirk wrote:

@UBNT-steve

Thanks for the reply  As I did not buy this hardware under the beta term and have not manually requested or manually installed a beta version, why did it prompt me to do so a week or so ago?  If it was pushed, then why is the new dimmer not showing the same beta available?

Wait, the one which upgraded to v1209b wasn't purchased from early access store? Could you provide the mac address of that unit?

Why are two of the four LED lights showing a different R release newer but not prompting me to update the others to the same version?

We had couples of FW upgrades last November to December so that probably the two w/ newer FW was produced at that time.

To be clear, I have not downloaded or manually tried to be on any release but the public ones (no beta or Stable release - unless R is the public one) in chich case I’d expect all to be at the same version. 

Additionally, do you know when the dimmer ring “breathing” will be addressed? I know you can turn it off completely. However, I need it on but at a set lumination so it can be seen in the dark. 

And last, re: the dimmer, I think it’s been asked already to have a mode that lets you set the dimmer light control at a particular level then let the switch only function as an on and off switch thus negating someone from adjusting the brightness. Hope that makes sense. 

We're working on these two features.

@UBNT-steve

No, I purchased the first two lights and dimmer (and Gen2 CK) through the store after the beta.

Dimmer Mac- fc:ec:da:c4:39:02

And thank you you for the update on the second two questions. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@Makirk 

Could you SSH into the v1209b UDIM and enter the following command?

cat /proc/ubnthal/* | grep rev

We want to figure out why it shows as a "beta" unit since it's actually a "mass production" unit.

Thanks.

@UBNT-steve

Here’s what I received.

bomrev=0009e00c
cat: read error: Is a directory
boardrevision=12

Can you remove this this device from getting the beta updates (received another one today) as I’d like for the other dimmer and lights to be on the same regular release. 

Ubiquiti Employee

@Makirk 

We'll have a beta release to fix it. When the new beta FW released, please upgrade it, and your UDIM-AT will be automatically changed to stable release channel which version postfix is "r".

@UBNT-steve 

OK, It did update to the latest beta a day or two ago so you're saying in the next beta release that will automativally pop up, I need to let it install and it will revert the device to a regular release?

Thanks,

MIke

Ubiquiti Employee

@Makirk wrote:

@UBNT-steve 

OK, It did update to the latest beta a day or two ago so you're saying in the next beta release that will automativally pop up, I need to let it install and it will revert the device to a regular release?

Thanks,

MIke

correct