Highlighted
Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

Lumination Size

Is there any information on the lumination cone size and light travel of the panels at full strength. I understand it shows how many lumens in the spec sheet but that doesn't really tell me a whole lot. I have a school gymnasium that is 72' x 43'. Trying to determine how many units will be required. We are replacing 8 halogen lights.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 898
Solutions: 16

Re: Lumination Size

@pfrabott wrote:

Is there any information on the lumination cone size and light travel of the panels at full strength. I understand it shows how many lumens in the spec sheet but that doesn't really tell me a whole lot. I have a school gymnasium that is 72' x 43'. Trying to determine how many units will be required. We are replacing 8 halogen lights.

Hi @pfrabott, can you check the ULED datasheet here http://dl.ubnt.com/ds/unifi_led_ds.pdf

It provides lighting distribution curve, as well as luminance data, as well as the lighting distribution summary. Let me know what else data you wouldl like to see , and I can provide test report as well as adding data to the datasheet. 

Emerging Member
Kudos: 4

I couldn't get the datasheet to download yesturday but the direct link worked. Thanks!

Do you know if the Unifi switch 8-150W switch can handle 6 of these or should I split them evenly across 2? I know that one will not provide enough power for all 8 but I'm looking at the best way to distribute the switches.

Also, I would like to purchase one unit in the next 45 days to test with. Do you know if any will be in stock within that time? The store shows them sold out at the moment.

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 898
Solutions: 16

@pfrabott wrote:

I couldn't get the datasheet to download yesturday but the direct link worked. Thanks!

Do you know if the Unifi switch 8-150W switch can handle 6 of these or should I split them evenly across 2? I know that one will not provide enough power for all 8 but I'm looking at the best way to distribute the switches.

Also, I would like to purchase one unit in the next 45 days to test with. Do you know if any will be in stock within that time? The store shows them sold out at the moment.

150W / 25W = 6 units. Though I would suggest to do 5 units or less for US-8-150W because you would like some buffer. 

Yes, there should be more units coming in at the end of this week of next week. Sorry for the out of stock issue in the past few months, we are streamlining the production better and better now.