Highlighted
Kudos: 7

Roadmap?

Is there a roadmap for EoT yet? I would especially like to know if UBNT is planning on using this platform to offer a wide range of PoE-powered „smart building“ devices? I mean things like 

• Door stations (door bells with audio-video)
  • smoke/fire detectors 
  • carbon monoxide detectors 
  • gas detectors
  • water/flood detectors
  • temperature sensors 
  • door and window sensors (locked? closed?)
  • door locks (authorize, open, close )
  • and much more. Pretty much everything „smart home“ but scalable enough for SMB‘s at least

... all integrated with UniFI WiFi and Video solutions 

Ubiquiti Employee
Kudos: 795
Solutions: 15

Re: Roadmap?

Established Member
Kudos: 705
Solutions: 49

How could I do that?
My name is Jesus. I'm Mexican. You pronounce it HAY-soos not GEE-sus.

Community -> Account -> Early Access Program

Kudos: 1692
Solutions: 508

Hello @Magbis,

Take a look at this article!

Regards,

Glenn R.

Cloud Hosted Controllers | Glenn R. | UniFi Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-Video Installation/Easy Update Scripts | UniFi-VoIP Installation Scripts
USG-4-PRO • USG
USW-48-500W • USW-24-POE-250W 2x • USW-16-POE-150W • USW-24 • USW-8-150W • USW-8
UAP XG • UAP-SHD • UAP-HD • UAP-NanoHD • UAP-AC-PRO 2x • UAP-AC-LITE • UAP-AC-IW • UAP-AC-M
UCK-G2 • UCK
Kudos: 156
Solutions: 7

You say this, but there is no roadmap in the Beta forum either..
Established Member
Kudos: 374
Solutions: 54

There is no roadmap, no. You need to go through all the threads for that stuff and see what others might be talking about and what info they could be getting from UBNT employees that might comment once in a while. Its research. A large portion of being an IT person is research first, then buy. Man Happy

Obviously you are not just buying for fun, just giving my 2 cents! Man Happy

Well, as IT person I am used to research. But as IT Project Manager, I am also always expected to have a roadmap handy if and when Senior Management asks Man Happy 

And as buyer (or someone who assists somebody else to buy) it would be very nice to know what's on the roadmap. Not with a fixed date or some binding commitment (I understand that can cause legal trouble for american companies) - but "plans" for releases by Quarter or so. That could help steer projects into a direction of "hey let's wait 2 months to buy that new product that's possible going to be announced instead of buying the products of the competition today". 

Just my 2 cents Man Happy

Established Member

Oh I totally agree but that type of planning ahead doesn't happen with UBNT. At least not to the community eye. Also, just like a couple products, if they say the roadmap is this, they end up changing it anyway so why piss off a lot of people for no reason? Just cause you understand that its not binding, doesn't mean others care to think that. I'm sure they want to keep quiet for good reason.
I have been working with UBNT products for a while and on this site for a long time. I have never seen a roadmap that actually went through correctly. if they even have one to show us.

As a project manager, you are correct, it should be like that. But this is where the higher price from Cisco would come in handy. They will tell you want is coming up, UBNT keeps quiet until they release it onto the BETA store randomly.

Oh well, I guess we'll have to live with that then... 

I have just seen several projects choosing Non-UBNT-Products because it was unknown to the buyers that UBNT was just about to release a new product that would meet their requirements.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Exactly. They don't tell anyone and then they expect everyone to randomly search their site. They would be a much larger company if they would put their name out in the world....or tell people when things are going to show up! lol Pretty common sense, but apparently that goes away in companies.

Edit- I do want to say that I absolutly love UBNT's community site and the products they send out. There are issues and always will be, but it works well and seems to be built well.