Please give us an ETA, i cant get into production without this feature

by
on ‎11-29-2017 01:22 AM

@UBNT-Brandon

Any news for the ETA?

by
on ‎01-03-2018 04:04 PM

@UBNT-Brandon

how close are we now for the APs after already being close 3 months ago?

by
on ‎01-15-2018 01:58 PM

@UBNT-MikeD Are we any closer to an update regarding controller functionality. I saw a few firmwares back that the support was baked into the APs.My organization is waiting to roll out VLANs for our specific networks, but with our current network configuration that we have to run our two primary ISP circuits as VLAN1 and VLAN2, we can't properly tag management interfaces, with the exception being our US24/US24-250W switches.

by
on ‎01-31-2018 03:15 AM

I was just hit by this. Never imagined it would not be possible to set a management vlan. 3 new switches right now rather useless.

Tried an ugly work around, by linking an untagged vid1 port to an untagged vid102 port. First RSTP killed it, even if there is no loop between the vlans (saw another report on it not being per vlan.) so that had to be disabled.  then DHCP stopped being forwarded over the link, even though it seemed to work at first (its on another tagged vid102 port). Dhcp snooping issue? 

Starting to very much regret standardizing on unifi products. 

by
‎02-21-2018 12:42 PM - edited ‎02-21-2018 12:44 PM

I used Unifi equipment for a client that runs a small hotel. I have placed AP’s in 5 rooms to get good coverage. I dont like to put the management vlan as untagged on those AP’s ports, because people could unplug an AP and connect a laptop and that way gain access to the mgmt vlan. 

I have sort of a work arround;

- set switch ports for AP’s with mgmt vlan untagged

- setup wireless networks with apropriate vlans

- disable uplink connectivity monitor (to keep APs active while they think they are offline)

- provision settings to AP’s

- now set switch ports for AP’s to tag the mgmt vlan (i set guests vlan to untagged, so if they unplug an AP and connect a laptop they’ll still be on the guest vlan).

This way the AP’s function as they should. When connected to the guest ssid, i’m on guest vlan and when connected to corp ssid I’m on the corp vlan. Only downside is that the controller won’t see the AP’s anymore. When you need to manage the AP you need to untag the mgmt vlan and the controller will pick them up again. 

It’s not ideal, but I think that the ability for guests to get on the mgmt vlan is less desireable. I would LOVE however to setup the AP to use a tagged VLAN so I would be able to manage the AP’s without my mgmt vlan untagged.

by
on ‎03-09-2018 06:37 PM

In case default LAN traffic is on VLAN1, there's no way around either:

- make management IP finally VLAN taggable (keep VLAN 1 untagged for WLAN traffic and separate management)

- make WLANs taggable to VLAN 1, so untagged traffic will only contain managment traffic.

It's a pain that it's not implemented from start. Decade old switches support that function.

by
a month ago - last edited a month ago

yes mgmt vlan for the win, also USG should not default on vlan 1