Upcoming Maintenance Alert:

The UBNT Community will be upgraded at 5pm MDT on April 25th. During this time the community forums will be set to read-only status.

Learn more

Comments
by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎08-01-2017 02:32 PM

So while we're wrapping up work for Management VLAN for the APs, wanted to take a moment to note that management VLAN for the switches is implemented (and has existed in stable) for quite some time.  

So feel free to give that poke in the meantime.

Thanks,

Brandon

by
on ‎08-01-2017 02:35 PM

@UBNT-Brandon Thanks!

by
on ‎08-18-2017 06:13 PM

+1 on getting this implemented

I don't like having a native vlan on a trunk port since everything should be tagged already by the time it reaches there.  I just use a non routed vlan as the native vlan that doesn't go anywhere since I wouldn't want anyone who could possibly get access to anything to be able to get on the managment vlan by unplugging an access point or something.  Not a good thing for network security.

The last update was a couple of weeks ago, any timeline on when this will be implemented?

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎08-21-2017 09:46 AM

So @UBNT-pain I think is very close on this.  I think should be in testing release in a couple weeks.

by
on ‎08-21-2017 10:43 AM

we're wrapping up work for Management VLAN for the APs

> should be in testing release in a couple weeks

Thanks @UBNT-Brandon for the update! I assume you are referring to just APs?

Be sure not to declare this idea resolved until at least the USG and UCK support management VLANS. Better yet, also the NVR & Cameras.

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎08-21-2017 05:40 PM

So the switches already support management VLAN.  So the cloudkey of course can be set to management VLAN via the switch (which would be recommended practice).

Cheers,

Brandon

by
on ‎08-21-2017 05:53 PM
As I mentioned in an earlier post, the UCK can't be on multiple VLANS. So when a factory default USG starts on the wrong VLAN, the UCK cannot provision it. Without DHCP, the UCK doesn't even have an IP to reprovision the switch port to VLAN 1 so you're stuck.

After physically attaching (if it's physically accessible) the UCK to the replacement USG to provision, we now find the UCK again on the wrong VLAN now that the USG can access the real management VLAN.

The UCK needs the ability to work in an "all" port to adopt new devices on the default VLAN and then again when they move to the right VLAN.
by
on ‎08-30-2017 11:23 AM

Here's a concrete example of why adding management VLAN support to USW, UAP are not enough. UCK should have support for multiple management VLANs.

https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Routing-Switching/Help-assign-Management-VLAN/m-p/2046661/highli...

by Ubiquiti Employee
on ‎08-30-2017 03:30 PM

So as an update we are close to having management VLAN for the APs.  And management VLAN already exists for the switches.

Thanks,

Brandon

by
on ‎09-10-2017 02:50 PM

Good news - looking forward to the release.  Having to manage via PVID is far from ideal .. 

Thanks.