Backend / Administrative Area LDAP integration

Submitted by -

It would be really great if the UniFi backend portal could be integrated with a LDAP (or ActiveDirectory) infrastructure.  Being able to assign sites and privileges based on LDAP/AD username or group membership would be amazing.

Almost every other software package we use has this ability and has greatly reduced the burdon on securing everything (Remembering to go through every package we use and deactive accounts when someone leaves), and it means the end user only needs to remember one username/password combination.  Adding/removing a user from a system is in a centeralized place.

Duplicates:
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/Active-Directory-LDAP-admin-authentication-on-unifi-server/idi-p/619103
http://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Feature-Requests/Controller-login-control-based-on-LDAP-RADIUS/idi-p/776658

Comments
by
on ‎10-17-2017 07:35 AM

Ditto, it doesn't have to be pretty, I'd be willing to edit config files. RADIUS or LDAP doesn't matter just give us something.

by
on ‎11-12-2017 02:15 PM
+1 for this! I have multiple administrator accounts for multiple sites and I am also using an external Radius server for the integration of WPA Enterprise. Would be helpful to minimize the 3rd party software required for my domain accounts to log into WiFi etc.
by
‎11-12-2017 02:21 PM - edited ‎11-12-2017 02:27 PM

+1 for this. Not keen for conf hacks etc. Would be great to be able to add an ad group for each network/vlan. Would be great to see LDAP/RADIUS. Currently using my Synology NAS as a radius server which adds unnecessary network complication.

@UBNT-Cody - please, please, please provide any updates

by
on ‎11-30-2017 06:08 AM

I do need that feature too as soon as possible. Local password databases are always pain in a company.

Plz Ubnt, we need an update for that feature request!

by
on ‎12-18-2017 05:26 AM

We do need this feature to integrate the controller with AD via LDAP , its crucial .

Any update !!!! soon .

by
on ‎12-22-2017 10:35 AM

This is truly crucial if Ubiquiti wants to compete with some larger brands in the enterprise space. Anyone that operates a large number of switches etc will need this to easily manage account access.

by
on ‎12-26-2017 02:02 PM

Certainly would love to see this!

by
on ‎01-04-2018 02:17 PM

We have installed a number of these camera systems across numerous client sites and now have to remove them due to not being able to incorporate Active Directory / LDAP for securing logins. A security audit of the clients found these to be a significant risk not having LDAP authentication available. 

Any update on this would be appreciated if LDAP will be available soon.

by
on ‎01-08-2018 11:38 AM

Yes to LDAP please! SAML would be equally helpful...

by
yesterday

We just ordered two UAS-XG for WiFi with plans on possibly using them for Video/Security NVR for an additional 30 some locations but we really MUST have LDAP/AD/Radius authentication.  This is pretty basic security vs managing individual accounts over all these devices/locations.