Scheduled maintenance: Community will be offline Monday June 17th, 1:00 AM - 6:00 AM (PT)

Clone / link Wi-Fi networks across sites

Submitted by

It would be useful to create a global/master Wi-Fi network that applies to all sites, instead of manually creating them on each site.

Comments
by
on ‎05-09-2019 01:48 PM

You can export a site (the master) and import it. When you do the import you can give it a new name and it will create the new site with all of the settings of the master. 

With the master site selected, go to settings > site and scroll all the way down to the bottom. On the right hand side you will see two buttons, export or delete site.

When importing, go to the site list dropdown at the top right of the screen. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click import site. Give the site a new name, click Choose File and select your backup.

by
on ‎05-09-2019 01:52 PM

Importing the sites could be used, but then what about changes after that?

Let’s say I have 50 sites all interlinked via site-to-site VPN’s that relate to different physical sites. There is a WAP at every site with the guest portal on it, and I need to make a change to the splash page. I have to do that 50 times. Smiley Sad

by
on ‎05-15-2019 12:27 PM
I like the idea.
by
3 weeks ago

Why not build them all under the same site? I have muiltiple AP's geographically spread, but sit under the same 'site' as far as the controller is concerned. Their WANs/LANs are totally unrelated