Provide CentOS/RHEL compatible RPM and repository for the controller

Submitted by -

Would be nice to have the UniFi controller provided as an RPM and installable using YUM for CentOS and RHEL deployments.  

Comments
by
on ‎12-26-2016 12:28 PM

Seriously no RPM packaging! Redhat, SUSE, and CentOs are the most popular server distros. Why would you not have RPM packaging.. We will pass on these until we can get proper support!

by
‎12-30-2016 10:03 PM - edited ‎12-30-2016 10:05 PM

+1

I'm still trying to wrap my head around why the controller is distributed as a .deb.  I've been in Enterprise Linux for over 10 years and I know very few orgs that run either Debian or Ubuntu in production (or test for that matter)... I actually can't think of a single one. It's almost always RH based distros and sometimes SUSE. .deb's in an enterprise environment just boggles my mind.

by
on ‎12-31-2016 02:19 AM

+1 for RPM support ...

I'm just waiting for that to start using your products on a large scale ...

by
on ‎12-31-2016 10:53 AM

RHEL is the gold standard for enterprise linux servers, and yet a company that wants to get into the enterprise market refuses to support this, or even distribute the package in a format compatible with it.  Did Canonical pay you off or something?

by
on ‎12-31-2016 02:52 PM
It seems like ubiquity doesn't care about its users.

I've tried working with support on issues and have left myself wondering how this company can stand for how it's run.

I've asked the CEO for help in email form and two days later I get a phone call from someone.

I'm going to start building an RPM and hosting a repo real soon but with no backing by ubiquity I don't want to suggest it to anyone else.

Here's to hoping this gets seen by the correct people. I'll be emailing this link to the board of directors Tuesday morning.

Happy New Year.
by
on ‎12-31-2016 04:03 PM

I installed an Ubuntu 16  VM on our Redhat servers and installed the controller software there; after a single reboot the software ceases to funtion so I guess I don't care all that much for an RPM because the deb doesn't even work properly.. Moving ON!

by
on ‎01-19-2017 12:07 PM

Yes I run the controller on a Centos7 Minimal VM, this would be awesome to have. 

by
on ‎01-27-2017 04:37 AM

Urgently needed!

by
on ‎01-27-2017 04:30 PM

+1

Centos 7 is a must for enterprise customers.

by
on ‎01-27-2017 07:32 PM
Look at this more people with the mindset that they supported unifi would position ubiquiti in a better setup for enterprise deployments.